Chapter 57: Songs of my sword

Bryant paused for a couple of seconds while moving closer towards Svecko. At their current level of power, the distance between Svecko and Bryant was of no importance. Given both of their speeds, they would be able to close the distance within less than a second. "It is not that I want to stand in your way, it is you who have chosen a path I cannot ignore," Bryant said with a soft laughter.

Without a moment's warning, Svecko moved with his highest speed to attack Bryant. "Let me see what ability you possibly have to stop me." As Svecko got closer to Bryant, a spear made of ice had formed in Svecko's palms. He thrust the spear with incredible strength as he attacked Bryant. Although Svecko's attack could be considered a sneak attack, Bryant wasn't surprised as he had expected Svecko to attack him and given both of their speed, he could react fast enough. A golden glow illuminated around Bryant's entire body. Bryant moved his bare palm in anticipation of Svecko's ice spear. 

As the spear made contact with Bryant's palm, a crunching sound could be heard. The spear Svecko held crumbled as the force from Bryant's palm completely shattered the ice spear. Bryant continued the motion of his palm to counter Svecko's attack. As the palm attack touched Svecko, another crunching sound was heard. Bryant realized something was wrong, he immediately noticed he did not make contact with Svecko, but instead, his palm attacked had broken what seemed like an ice mirror. "Perrish!" Svecko yelled as he appeared behind Bryant and attacked with a punch.

Svecko palm was glowing white, almost translucent and invisible. Bryant reacted as fast as he could, moving both his arms to defend Svecko's attack. As they both made contact, a seemingly white energy pervaded Bryant's body and went straight to attack his soul. In that brief moment, the soul freezing energy of Svecko had slowly started freezing Bryant's soul. A dull light appeared in Bryant's eyes as the life seemed to slowly leave his body.

A smile appeared on Svecko's face as he stretched out his hand to grab the lifeless looking body of Bryant. Before he could grab onto Bryant, a golden and metallic-black light appeared all around Bryant. The formerly lifeless body now seemed to have gained some life. Svecko unconsciously took some steps back as he watched Bryant come back to life. After the golden and metallic black light died down, Svecko couldn't help but gasp in surprise as he saw a different Bryant. Bryant's body had changed from that of a normal human to a half golden and half metallic-black form.

The right half of Bryant's body had changed to a golden form, while the left part of his body had changed to a metallic black form. Bryant's body had turned part gold and part iron. This two forms equally covered his body from the tip of his hair to the sole of his feet, giving off a strange otherworldly appearance Bryant had at the moment. "You!" Svecko said in shock as he realized something.

"You are the metal element saint of the South," Svecko said staring at Bryant incredulously. Of all the elements known to this mortal world, the metal elements were regarded as the most difficult ones to cultivate. Throughout the recorded history of the world, they were only three people to have successfully cultivated the metal element to a saint level and until this moment, there was none that had cultivated to a level three saint.

"You have broken through to the third level and fused gold and iron laws." Svecko continued. "Incredible. Yet another genius has appeared. Why are the heavens favoring the South?" Svecko quietly thought to himself. Looking at the current situation, Svecko knew there was no way he could defeat Bryant. He had already used up most of his energy and evidently, Bryant had infused the law of gold with the law iron within the metal element. This meant that there was no way he could win at the moment without paying a heavy price, and even if he had his energy completely restored, there were no guarantees he would win.

Svecko turned around and flew off into the skies, without waiting for any response. Svecko was like a shooting star as he flew off into the distance. Bryant stood in place in a somewhat confused manner as he watched Svecko head towards where the battle was currently going on. After a couple of seconds, his expression turned to that of a smirk as he watched what had just happened. Bryant did not bother chasing after Svecko, because his goal wasn't to kill Svecko or his allies, and he also did not want to corner such a monster, he wasn't quite confident in killing Svecko. "Very glad that this is over. That attack from the snow saint nearly froze my soul. If I was a second slower, that would have been the end for me." Bryant said as he sighed in praise. "How then was it possible that this child survived? That should not be possible, but yet I witnessed it with my own eyes."