Chapter 66: Rosemary Inn

Lydia heard what had happened and quickly rushed to window. Luckily, no one was stationed outside. She left the room through the window and quickly rushed out of the mansion. On her way out, she heard screams coming from the mansion. Hardening her mind, she continued running. Right now she couldn't afford to intervene as she knew she wasn't strong enough to be of any help to them. She could only go forward and hope for the best. In reality, she knew hoping was pointless as they would unfailingly be killed.

Within the mansion, Oaklif was quietly sitting while he waited for the warriors and guards to finish searching the house. After a couple of minutes of waiting, the warriors that searched the house came to report back to Oakliff.

"Did you find her?"

"No sir, I think she might have escaped through the window." One of the warriors responded.

"Interesting. Given her intelligence, she should have figured out what's going on. She should also know nowhere would be safe for her within this city. Her only option now is to ask those experts for help."

"Send people to cover every exit from the city. Pay whatever it takes to hire those experts. Moore, lead everyone to the Rosemary Inn. This time around, we must kill that girl and all her associates."

Over at the Rosemary Inn, Willard was currently sitting on a bed, checking some of the items Sebastian had given him. Ahmed and Baya were having some drinks at the bar within the inn. Due to some strange situation, they were both seating on the same table. Although Ahmed hated Baya and his current situation, he couldn't do anything while Willard was in the area. He did not know the exact extent of Willard's power, but from he already knew, he wasn't willing to test him.

As Ahmed thought about his situation he frowned even more. He was angry and without an avenue to vent his anger. Baya stared at Ahmed for a little bit and guessed what he was thinking. He knew Ahmed hated him to the bones, but couldn't act on that anger. Baya moved his gaze to a server that walked by. "Another drink" he softly said. The server looked over at Ahmed. "And you sir?" he asked.

*************

Lydia was currently running towards the Rosemary Inn, she was secretly hoping that Baya and Willard decided to stay at that inn. She knew there was a possibility that they would have decided to not stay at that particular inn or decided to just continue their journey altogether. If they left the city, she knew that was it for her. There was no way she would survive, given her current predicament.

Lydia rushed into the Rosemary Inn and stared around the place. She was scanning to see if she could recognize anyone in the group of diners that were scattered around the place. A server walked up to the currently disheveled looking Lydia. "Hi Miss, would you like me to arrange a seat for you?" She asked with an expectant smile on her face. The server could instantly tell that Lydia was of noble standings, because of her outfit and demeanor. The server knew that people like Lydia could easily fork out a couple of silver coins as a tip. An amount that could feed her entire family for a month. Her biggest hope at the moment was to get Lydia a seat and serve her.

Lydia turned to face the server with an urgent look on her face. "Did you see a group 3 men walk in here about two hours ago?" The look on the servers face immediately changed. She wasn't particularly happy hearing Lydia's question. If Lydia wasn't trying to get a meal here, that meant she wouldn't be making any money from her.

"No miss." The server quickly responded and immediately turned to leave.

Over at the table were Baya and Ahmed were seated, Ahmed caught a glimpse of Lydia with the server and immediately increased his focus on that area. His actions surprised Baya, who turned to stare at what Ahmed was looking at. To his complete surprise, Lydia was standing there looking anxious. Baya immediately got up and walked towards her.