Chapter 45 - Attraction

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Thanks Ash, I really do appreciate it. Love ya, as a friend, that is." I told him, blushing, having let the 'L' word slip out of my mouth. I genuinely meant it in a friendly way though, in the same way that I'd say it to Summer.

"Love ya too, friend. Seeya tonight Randy." He replied with a big heart warming smile on his face while standing up, and making his way over to the door, only to click it gently shut behind him.

I laid in bed for another good half an hour, playing over in my head what had happened last night, and what had happened this morning. I was wondering when I'd hear from Nan, assuming that Will would have returned there after he'd left last night.

And why did he leave? Why did he have to go and risk everything between us all over again? Wouldn't he realise how much that would hurt me? How much I really needed him last night? It was starting to really piss me off. The more angry I grew, the more my very core began to heat up. I started to break out in a sweat, and in particular my hands began to grow increasingly hot, almost to the point of a burning sensation. And that's when I realised that it wasn't just a burning sensation.

The second I looked down at my palms, my eyes widened. I was that startled by what I saw that I jumped out of bed immediately, not knowing what to do. My hands were freaking on fire! Like, not completely consumed by fire, but there was fire coming out of them! I found myself running back and forth around my room, screaming meaninglessly. I thought for a split second that it was lucky that no one was here to witness my ridiculous reaction.

The adrenalin had gotten the better of me, clouding my mind with fright, that it had taken me a good few minutes to realise that the best option would be to run to my ensuite sink before I bloody caught something on fire! I turned the tap on as soon as I got there, and the fire was instantly extinguished. What the heck had just happened?! I looked down to my hands and they were a slight bit pink. It seemed that the fire was being emitted from my hands, almost as if I were the one who had ignited it, holding it there in my palms?!

I was beginning to panic, and my heart beat was erratic as I began to pant. I looked up into the mirror at myself, subconsciously hoping that I'd have an answer to what the heck had just happened. And I was right, I did have an answer. The answer was plain and simple, and it was staring me right in the eyes. It was my powers. My eyes were glowing now, the orange flecks more so than the aqua, and it all made sense. What Will, and my Nan, had told me about my ability to be able to control fire, was true. But I wasn't only controlling it, I had created it. And that frightened me even more.

And then I thought back to that nightmare I'd had a few times over the past week, with the fire consuming everything around me, and how it felt so real, so intense, so vivid, just like a...premonition. It was a premonition. Just like the one about the wave. It was clear that my powers were growing stronger, and just like before, a nightmare premonition was beginning to haunt my dreams, almost a warning for the events that were likely to come sometime in the near future. It then clicked that it took a good few months before the first one had happened for it to actually play out, so I felt somewhat relieved at the fact that I probably had a bit of time to decipher what was going on and prepare for it.

Before everything began to do my head in too much, I dragged myself out of bed and jumped in the shower. After dressing in a fitted blue off the shoulder dress and getting ready for the day, I grabbed my phone and slumped down onto the couch. I flicked the TV on as a background distraction, and started flicking through my contacts on my phone. The second that I landed on Nan's name, I felt a vibe. And then the phone started ringing, and Nan's name had appeared on the screen. Well that was a no-brainer.

"Hey Nan." I greeted, anticipation in my tone, knowing very well why she had called.

"Darling, how are you?" She enthusiastically questioned.

"I'm, ok, I guess. So I take it that Will's made an appearance?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes honey, as you also know. Now my understanding is that Annaliese is still out there, so I don't know how safe you are for the time being. Just make sure that you stay in the apartment if you don't have any company, and lock all the windows. I've arranged to have someone watch out for you, you'll be expecting them there soon. Now I need to go but take care my dear, we shall catch up soon."

"Wait, Nan, who's come-...great." She'd hung up already. So I had some stranger probably coming around, and I really wasn't in the sociable mood. Although, it could well be Ashton, that was the more likely option. Yet I wasn't really in the mood to spend another whole day with him again, especially because I couldn't get Will out of my mind. I just wanted to see Will.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. Great. They were already here. Pretty good timing, Nan, I thought as I proceeded to the door. I opened it up and the second my eyes laid on who was standing there in front of me, my stomach twisted into knots. Knots of mixed emotions; joy, anxiousness, relief...

"Will..." I trailed off, having been stunned and mesmerised by his alluring sudden appearance at my door.

His lips twitched up into a small smile, and it instantly unleashed the butterflies inside of my stomach. He brought a hand up to rub the back of his neck awkwardly, as if not knowing what else to do. I suddenly realised that I must have just been standing there, gawking at him, becoming lost in his intense sapphire gaze for just a little bit too long.

"S-sorry, um, come in, I guess..." I broke the silence, and he held onto my gaze as he moved up to me, brushing past me into the living area. I then caught onto his 'scent' I suppose you could call it, that amazingly alluring cologne of his, and it instantly increased my heart rate.

I clicked the door shut behind me, and made my way into the kitchen, not knowing what else to do but offer him a drink. "Want some water, or anything?" I asked awkwardly.

"No, I'm fine, but thanks for asking." He replied from the living area. As I shut the fridge door and went to turn around, he was suddenly right up against me, now trapping me to the fridge, his arms to either side of my face. Memories then flashed back into my mind, of all of the times that he'd done this to me, cornered me to something, immediately setting off the typical reaction he'd send my body into from his close proximity.

There was a bit of a pause as he just hovered there, eyes boring into mine. I couldn't handle it for much longer so I decided to be brave and break the silence.

"Y-you think it's ok to just come barging back into my life again, especially after you pulled your magician act on me again last night?" I asked him frustratingly, trying hard to contain myself, trying hard not to wrap my arms around him and pull his body into mine.

He just continued to stare into my eyes so intensely, that I was beginning to melt inside. He was using his abilities to draw me in, I was sure. But I wasn't going to let him win, not just yet anyway.

"W-Will?" I nagged once more, this time biting down on my lip as both of our breathing became heavier, the closer that he became to my face.

"I'm sorry Miranda, I really am. I know I have, well, issues, with being able to control myself around you. Sometimes the only thing I know how to do is run. Especially when I see a way out." He whispered, seductively, brushing his cool breath across my cheek.

"Well, you sure need to work on your 'issues' then. Y-you can't keep doing this to me." I stuttered, still finding it incredibly hard to resist him, using all of my inner strength to fight back the intense attraction that I'd felt towards him at that moment. He was making me exceedingly nervous, but I couldn't move a muscle. I couldn't help but picture what he looked like with no shirt on...

Then a smirk started to appear on his lips, and the butterflies once again broke loose. It was almost as if he knew what he was doing to me, and he was enjoying it. He was enjoying making me nervous, making my palms sweat, making me think about his rock hard abs, wanting to run my fingers across them...

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" I asked him, frustration in my expression. The frustration wasn't only an emotional one, but also a sexual one, and he knew it too. He leaned in even closer now, this time towards my ear. Our chests were now lightly touching, and I could feel myself subconsciously arch towards him, my mental strength failing as the attraction took over my body, as he began to whisper in my ear.

"You know it." And that was enough to completely and utterly cause me to crumble. I couldn't resist it any longer.