Chapter 5 - Shock

Chapter 5 – Shock

Before I could even blink, I was slammed exceptionally hard against the brick wall just to my right, this time within the haunting alley. I heard a slight crack as the back of my scull had hit it. A sudden sharp pain shot through my head giving me an instant migraine, causing me to become extremely dizzy. At this point I was starting to lose my vision, and along with it, the energy which was holding me up. I immediately slumped to the ground, still confused as to what the heck had just happened.

Had I been hit by a car? Whatever it was had come at me inhumanely fast. It would have been impossible for it to have had anything to do with that man...wouldn't it?

It took all of my strength to slowly open my eyes which were showing me nothing but a big black and white blurry mess. I felt utterly nauseas in my stomach. I was startled by a bone chilling cool breeze brushing my face simultaneously with a foul odour wafting into my nose. It could have only meant one thing; that the monster I had saw only moments ago was right up in front of me.

I could very faintly make out the man's monstrous looking face then, staring right down at me on the ground, only mere inches from my face. He then grabbed me roughly by the neck, and pulled my entire body up off of the ground so that my feet were dangling in the air, with what seemed like no effort in the slightest. I choked so hard, not being able to get one single breath in, or even a measly scream.

What on earth was going on! Was I about to die?!

I then heard an evil chuckle erupt from the man's throat. My eyelids became so heavy that my vision was black once again. I was extremely disorientated, my heart slowly sinking as I waited for the fatal blow.

But it shocked me when I was immediately released and dropped to the floor. I heard a few sounds of struggle in the near distance, along with a loud cracking sound which ripped through the eerie night air like thunder, making me shiver uncontrollably. It was followed by what sounded like someone dropping to the floor. I had no idea what was happening, my body having gone into complete shock and almost unconscious. I still couldn't see anything but I could hear enough to know that someone was now steadily making their way towards me.

Oh god, this was it.

This was far from how I'd pictured my life to end.

I gathered enough strength to open my eye lids ever so slightly, one last time, to at least catch a glimpse of the beast that was going to take my life. Instead, I didn't see the beast that I had expected. I saw the outline of what looked like a well-built man, with blonde hair and attractive shadowed chiselled features...he almost looked like...like...

Darkness...

Fading...

Gone.

~

I suddenly snapped opened my eyes. I seemed to be looking down over the middle of what appeared to be a breathtakingly beautiful deserted beach, which had crystal clear blue water about the same colour as my eyes, lined with blindingly white sand. The icy cold wind was hitting my face at an incredible speed, sending chills all the way down my spine.

The scene that was in front of my eyes had completely startled me. I saw what I thought to have been myself, kneeling there on the beach facing the water, holding my head in my hands, balling my eyes out in giant sobs of desperation.

That's when I felt it. I felt all of the emotions that my other self was feeling at that moment; the pain, the desperation, the heart break, the confusion - overwhelmingly all at once. And then a realisation had hit me; I was watching this scene from afar, an outer body experience perhaps? The body that I was in, looking down at the scene in front of me, was hovering over the cliffs in the near distance.