Chapter 28 - Brutal

Chapter 28 - Brutal

After hours of pretending to watch mind numbing TV on the couch there with Sebastian, blankly staring at the TV, lost in my own thoughts, I realised that I had more questions for him. I wasn't about to let this shock realisation take over my rational brain and consume me like a mental disease. I needed answers, and I needed them now.

"How is it even possible? For a witch to be a vampire? Or a vampire to be a witch, or whatever the hell it is that you're trying to poison my mind with?" I spat, desperate for the truth. He just turned to look at me, a little frustration in his expression, almost as if he'd forgotten that I was there. He paused for a moment before opening his mouth.

"Pretty stupid question Miranda. You can't just turn into a witch, I'm sure you already knew that. So obviously your dad was already one. I'm not too sharp on the exact details but I know he turned before you were conceived. Not only a traitor to his own kind, but also a traitor to us vampires." He answered me quite sourly. He clearly wasn't the biggest fan of my apparently 'inspirational' parents.

I didn't really know what to think at that stage. How could I have not noticed? Not realised that my dad was sensitive to sunlight? That he fed off of mainly blood? Perhaps the characteristics weren't so prominent having been mixed with our so called 'witch' genes. It was all getting too scientifically complicated for my liking, so I thought I'd leave the technical questions to someone a bit more, say, brighter, than Seb. He wasn't stupid but I was sure that he wasn't as educated as Will. But I wasn't about to ask Will, I mean I wasn't even sure that I'd ever see him again.

"And Annaliese - how is she still alive? Don't tell me that you did it? You tricked Will into thinking she was dead?" I spat whilst glaring at him, so much bitterness coming through in my tone. He just chuckled at my question, almost proudly; a smug smirk pulling at his lips. That made me sick to my very stomach. He was so empty, lacking so greatly in emotion, in a very soul.

"I never literally told Will she was dead, he just assumed it. She wanted it. She never loved him, she purely used him to make me jealous, and or course it worked. She'd practically thrown herself at me that night, back into my arms. She begged for it, longed for it, that's what she wanted all along." He arrogantly replied, creating a sickening feeling all throughout my stomach. How could this man be so vulgar? How could he have done this to his very own brother? Yet why on earth was this amazingly beautiful girl so in love with him? He was pure evil.

"You're sick Seb, you know that? I will never understand why you'd want to hurt your own family. I will never understand your messed up brain. Why is it so important to you to get back at him? He didn't do anything wrong, he was merely just there for her when she needed a rebound." I told him, still holding my bitter daggers.

"So it's ok to basically set your brother up then is it? To lure his girlfriend into your bedroom and dob him in? And then take advantage of her when she's in the most vulnerable state? Who does that Miranda? None other than your precious, pathetic little player - Will. He's greedy Miranda, as soon as he sees a victim that he takes a liking to, he'll stop at nothing to have them. Do you know how many girlfriends I'd lost to him? He was so good at wooing them away from me. I wasn't about to let him take yet another one, especially the most important one of them all, the one I was actually in love with."

What Seb had just told me had practically stunned me. He'd said it with so much passion in his eyes. I could see that he really did love this girl. I could see that Will really had damaged him somehow, and it had made me sick to wonder whether it really was true that he'd 'taken' his girlfriends. I mean I knew that Will was a complete flirt, but I couldn't see him doing these things, I couldn't feel it in my vibes. Perhaps Seb had over exaggerated, well at least I'd hoped.