23

Arabella

"Hi pretty baby," I smile, feeling the kicks. Time seems to have flown by in the nine months of pregnancy. We've been extremely busy, considering we've moved from the small apartment to a decent sized one. Two bedrooms and enough of a living space to raise the little one.

The kicks are more frequent and I'm due any day now, but I'm afraid once the baby comes, I won't know what to do with myself or how to take care of the baby. I've expressed these anxieties to nurses and they've assured me, as soon as the baby is here, nothing but instincts overtake my behavior.

I wait for Harry to come home, reading and resting my hand over the fluttering kicks of my little one. The time waiting is what makes me even more anxious. All I want is a healthy little baby and enough stability to care for him or her. And I know Harry and I are ready.

But before Harry gets home is when I feel a drop and my water breaks, my eyes widening in fear.

My hand grabs the phone and I dial his number, reaching him immediately.

"Harry, my water broke," I rush, and he answers immediately.

"You stay calm, deep breaths, I'm leaving right now," he says, and I hang up. I take control of my breathing, relaxing, but then a sharp pain enters my body. I clench my jaw and then the pain passes. I look at the time, counting the time of contractions, and then Harry rushes into the house.

He leans down and looks at me, his hand brushing over my forehead. "How are you?" he asks, helping me up.

"I'm doing alright," I breathe, inhaling and exhaling dramatically in an effort to force myself to relax. He moves to lift me up, cradling me in his arms, and carries me to the car. I'm set down and I gasp, feeling another contraction. He kisses my forehead and closes the door, moving to get into the other side.

He begins to drive, holding my hand as I breathe. He times the contractions for me, distracting me by talking to me. I'm controlling my breathing much better with him here to distract me.

The hospital is in sight and Harry lifts me up, holding me close as he makes his way into the hospital. A nurse comes and I'm set in a wheelchair, Harry pushing me through the halls. I'm set up in a room, Harry never taking his eyes off me.

"We'll be back in one moment," the nurse says, and Harry sits beside me.

"I'm here, always. I love you," he says, and I smile. I take his cheeks in my hands, kissing him. He's mine forever, and we're about to have a baby.

He holds my hand the next few hours, my focus solely on the hopes my baby will be healthy and beautiful.

"Alright, Arabella, you'll be there in a few more pushes," the doctor says, my head nodding. Sweat drips down my face, Harry whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I groan, trying to get my baby here, and then I hear the cry. My lips part as I breathe quickly, trying to regain my breathing.

"You did it, Bella," I hear Harry, then my baby is laid in my chest. I smile through the exhaustion and I brush my hand over the head, looking down at my baby.

"A healthy little boy," the nurse grins, my eyes not looking away from my baby. But they take him to clean him and I look at Harry, his eyes releasing tears. I wipe them away, but I feel tears fall from my eyes as well.

Harry pulls me to him and I hug him tightly, his head burying into my neck. He keeps me close and I kiss his cheek, his eyes meeting mine soon after.

Then the nurse allows Harry to hold the baby, my eyes looking at them. Harry looks so big holding the little one, but I'm in love with the sight.

"My boys," I smile, leaning my head on Harry's shoulder. The little boy brings his hand up and I let him hold my finger, my heart melting. I'm in love.