.

I sat at the bar with Beth we were wearing beach clothes over our bikinis and sipping margaritas as we talked.

            “So how was your date last night?” she asked and I knew she was waiting until I had some alcohol in me to ask because she knew I let more things slip out of my mouth when I was under the influence.

            “It wasn’t a date but he wanted it to be one. He tried to kiss me.”

            “And you didn’t let him!” Beth asked me like I was crazy and I rolled my eyes.

            “No, why would I?”

            “When Liam Payne wants to kiss you, you let him!”

            “I don’t know why you always hold him up in your mind like he’s a god or something. He’s just a guy,” I said lazily as I took another sip.

            “Yes, a very, very good looking and nice guy.”

            “So?”

            “Oh, come on! You guys would be perfect for each other!” Beth said and I giggled. “Don’t tell me you don’t see it?”

            “I really don’t and I think you’ve had too much to drink if you think Liam and I would make a good couple,” I said and I moved her margarita away from her.

            “I don’t think this only when I’m drinking,” she pointed out.

            “Then you were dropped too many times as a baby. Liam and I are completely incompatible. We’re too different.”

            “See! You’re already referring to you and him as ‘we’!” Beth cooed and I rolled my eyes. She really could be delusional sometimes.

            “It’s not going to happen,” I told her firmly as she grabbed her margarita again.

            “But if you fall for him you owe me a hundred dollars for being right,” she told me and I rolled my eyes. I wouldn’t fall for him. We would never work. “Oh, but I got to go meet Jason!”

            “Okay, I’ll see you later,” I told her in a sigh. She kissed my cheek before gathering her beach stuff and leaving me to sit at the bar on my own.

I gulped down the rest of my margarita before gathering my stuff too. I was planning to just sit on my balcony and read or sleep. Either way the rest of the day was definitely going to be lazy.

When I was back in my room I stripped from my clothes so I was only in my black bikini and grabbed a pack of cigarettes and my book. I opened the sliding door to the balcony and stepped out. I plonked down on the sun chair and lit up a cigarette. I breathed in the smoke and it relaxed me. I hadn’t had one in a few days. I guess I only had them to relieve the stress and pressure to appear perfect to the media and public.

I’d only been here a week and already I didn’t feel the need to drink or smoke because of stress or pressure. It was all fading away. I loved it here already. Here I was just Daisy. I wasn’t Daisy Daniels America’s Sweetheart. I was just me and I wish I could be like this all the time but I didn’t want Noah growing up and thinking it was okay to follow in my footsteps because I knew it wasn’t. I didn’t want Noah growing up and thinking it’s okay to be … everything I was. I didn’t want him to get drunk on a weekly basis and sometimes before it was even noon. I didn’t want him smoking and I didn’t want him being rude. I just wanted him to be happy – something that I wasn’t.

            “See now that is just teasing,” someone said and I looked up to see Liam. He was showing off his muscular body by only wearing a pair of black board shorts.

            “Then don’t look,” I suggested before turning my eyes back to my book and kept reading.

            “Go out with me tonight,” Liam proposed.

            “Is it a date?”

            “Yes.”

            “Then no.”

            “Suit yourself. I’ll get you to come on a date with me sooner or later,” he said.

            “Now look who’s cocky?” I asked him.

            “I like to think of it as knowing what my capabilities are,” he winked before diving into the water. I shook my head before focusing my attention back onto my book.

I would never go on a date with him. His toes are firmly on the right side of the line and mine are constantly going over to the wrong side of the line. We just wouldn’t be compatible. Besides I didn’t want to go out with someone from a prissy little boy band anyways. Facts were facts. Guys like him didn’t go out with girls like me. Girls like me don’t deserve guys like him.

I was rude and mean and he was nice and sweet. See? Completely incompatible. I was getting annoyed that I kept thinking of him so I shook my head and tried to get my mind stuck in the world that was Harry Potter.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Hi Everyone!! Hope you like this chapter!! If you do PLEASE VOTE or COMMENT!!! It means a lot!

Again sorry for the late update!!

1) how should Liam get Daisy to go on a date with him?

2) Do you think the break has already started to change Daisy?

3) Favourite 1D song?

THANKS FOR READING!!!