Chapter Twenty-Three

I woke up early the next morning feeling much better. Except for the ache between my legs. The events of the previous night came rushing back to me and I had to sit down on the edge of the tub.

Everything seemed ultraviolet. I couldn't believe what I had done. When did I become so brave? A sort of rush washed over me and I couldn't help but smile. I liked the new side of me.

I took a shower, shuddering under the warm blanket of water. I washed the sweat off and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body.

Harry was still asleep when I tiptoed back into my room. He was sound asleep, snoring even, so I didn't count on him waking up. I walked to the closet and dropped the towel. I slipped into a pair of purple panties first. Leaning in to grab a shirt, I heard a grunt from behind me and I low moan.

"Good morning, sexy," Harry grumbled.

His morning voice was groggy and raspy. As much as I wanted to jump his bones right there and then, I focused on covering myself up.

I stepped into the closet and closed it partially, peeking out. Harry chuckled and climbed out of the bed. His movements looked so natural. He looked as if he belonged there.

A pair of black boxers slung off his hips exposing his toned lower abdomen. Harry stalked towards me like a lion on the hunt.

Long, spindly fingers wrapped around the door I hid behind and slid it aside in one swift movement. I shivered as the brush of cold air swept over my body. I crossed my arms over my chest and shrunk into myself. For some reason, I couldn't force myself to meet Harry's challenging stare.

I squirmed uncomfortably and he chuckled. He was so close that every breath he released fanned across my cheeks.

Harry grasped my wrists and eased them away from my body. I let him. He took two steps forward until I was pressed against his bare chest. I felt more comfortable knowing he couldn't stare at my nakedness completely and sunk deeper into his chest.

I took a step back as Harry took another step forward. Something cold met the middle of my back and slow music began to play. I accidentally clicked the stereo on. A giggled escaped my lips and Harry followed suit.

He guided my hands upward to wrap around his neck. Strong arms settled on my hips and Harry began to sway. His fingers swirled blissful circles around to the small of my back and pressed me closer to him.

We waltzed around the room for a quick peaceful moment before the urge to kiss him became too great. Being so small meant I had to stand on my toes to reach his mouth but once I did, I didn't have to stand anymore. I was floating.

Harry presses his mouth to mine in a second of passion. The pressure of his lips felt so new to me and for a moment I forgot that we had done that a thousand times.

He slipped his large hands down to the backs of my thighs and lifted me up with ease. I was on my back in the moment that followed. Soft linen caressed my back and the pillow supported my head while Harry's lips travelled down my stomach. He trailed tiny kisses around my belly button and back up to my neck. My fingers swept his dark hair before catching and I knotted them amongst his morning tangles.

He suckled lightly on the spot beneath my jaw until the pressure became great. I groaned in pleasure.

"That's going to leave a mark," I grumbled.

"Good," Harry whispered, "now everyone will know you're mine."

I trembled fiercely and he placed a hand on my side to calm me. It worked.

His lips met mine once again and this time the kiss was soft and simple, nice. I exhaled against Harry's mouth and pulled him down to me. I curled into his side and hugged his middle like a sloth.

I had never felt closer to anyone in the way I felt close to the boy wrapped around me.

"Make me breakfast?"

"You're quite needy, aren't you," he joked.

"Blame it on the daddy issues," I shrugged.

A laugh erupted from somewhere deep in Harry's chest which made me feel warm. Then something popped into my head.

"Harry, we didn't use a condom," I whispered, my voice hoarse.

He sighed heavily. "I know. I already thought about it and if it turns out....then I will be by your side no matter what. I swear to god I'll never leave you, Della."

He kissed my forehead and brushed my hair aside. Tears brimmed in my eyes.

"Let's not think about that until we're sure, okay?" I sniffed.

A knock on my door stopped the conversation altogether. Harry scrambled off the mattress and into my closet.

"Mom?"

"No, it's Jace. Are you and Harry decent?"

"No, not exactly," I chuckled.

"Just meet me in the kitchen when you're dressed. Mom isn't home so don't bother smuggling him downstairs."

I caught Harry's eye from the closet door and smiled.

"Yeah, sure."

Once Jace's footsteps descended the stairs, I jumped up and slipped into a bra and a short yellow sundress. Harry tripped while sliding into his jeans and pinned me to the bed. We laughed and he placed a tiny kiss on my nose. I clasped his hand when we were both presentable and led him down the steps.

Jace was sitting on the couch drinking a glass of wine with his legs crossed. His eyes looked challenging yet mischievous.

"Jace, why the hell are you drinking Mom's wine?"

"Relax, Dell. It's grape juice. It's like you've never been to church, Jesus. Now please tell me what the hell is going on with you two."

Harry chuckled sheepishly, squeezing my hand momentarily. "Surprise," he shrugged.

Jace rolled his eyes and sipped his juice.

I clapped my hands together and grabbed my keys.

"Let's go to breakfast, shall we?"