『Chapter Eleven』«A better present»

[Name]'s vision finally cleared. "C-Carla..." she gasped as she tried to stand, but fell back down.

"Be careful. Your wounds haven't close." Carla said, laying her down into the bed again.

"What happened to me?" She asked placing a hand on her forehead.

[Name] dragged herself back and her eyes widened. Carla looked down and took the sheets that were covering her legs.

They were all bandaged and even some of the small scratches on her legs were sticking out.

[Name]'s [Color] orbs were wide and she couldn't recall when or where she had got this terribly injured.

"What happened to me?" She asked. Carla raised an eyebrow.

"You don't remember?" She placed a hand on her forehead, pushing some of her hair back.

"I can't... remember anything other than I was coming to see you." Her eyes widened once again. "Wait, never mind..." she looked down at her lap and tried to erase those eyes...

Those eyes filled with hate and pain.

Her swollen and rotten skin.

Carla took [Name]'s hand, making her look up. "Alright, I will not ask you something you are uncomfortable with." He said.

[Name] looked down and shook her head. "It's not that... I just can't believe what I saw."

Carla remained silent.

"Did you know... that I actually didn't die because of the Endzeit?" She asked with suddenness, taking Carla by surprise.

"You didn't?" He asked.

"Apparently, I took an overdoses of my father's medicine to end my own life willingly." She explained. "My mother said I had fallen in a terrible depression for not being able to be with the Prince of the First Blood race."

Carla sighed. "So, you know everything now?"

"Pretty much." She nodded.

"I thought you had actually been a victim to the Endzeit. I never suspected that would be the real situation." Carla commented.

[Name] smiled and sighed. "It was kind of stupid in my opinion. But I do suppose people back then really didn't have hopes for life."

"You're not wrong." Carla muttered.

[Name] chuckled. "Somehow this feels like the good ending of The Tragedy of Romeo & Juliet." She commented. "Just that almost 500 years later."

"That's certainly disturbing." Carla sighed.

"Right." [Name] reached out her hand to Carla's and smiled at him. "I wish I could remember what my life was back then. Maybe I could talk with you about more things."

"I think you rather not." Carla said. "Back then, everything was hell."

"I'd suppose so. My mother said the Endzeit wiped off almost all of the First Blood race."

"And she is right. I even lost my blood mother to it." Carla said. "I don't enjoy remembering the Enzeit's era, there are no happy moments I can recall."

"I see..." [Name] muttered. "Then I'll stick to the present, since it seems we have peace here."

Carla smiled at her and rubbed her knuckles with his thumb. [Name] looked at him in deep thought. He had the Endzeit. She had accidentally learned about it last time she was here.

"What does... the Endzeit do to someone?"