『Chapter Nine』«In love too»

"Time later, when you tried to go over him you noticed you couldn't." Her mother started. "When you explained it to me you told me that it was as if you couldn't fall in love with anyone other than him." She took a long pause.

"It wasn't much time later when you... committed suicide. Because you couldn't bear with that kind of situation. I could understand it. You were young and didn't know what to do. When I found out about it, you were laying in your bed. White as snow and cold as ice. I think you had taken an over dosis of your father's medicine. I don't quite remember."

Her mother held the upper part of her dress and looked down. "I just can't explain how much I lamented and wished that you had never met Carla. At the moment, I even considered it had been all his fault."

"Then what happened to me?"

"The collectors of corpses came."

"Collectors?"

"Yes. At the time there was a sickness called Endzeit. A sickness mortal for demons named after the First Blood race."

[Name] kept on listening attentively.

"To make the group believed that you died because of that, I lied about that your father was from that race. Then they took your body away."

Her mother dropped her sight and clenched the mattress. "I didn't wanted you to get close to him again because I thought something similar could happen if you fell in love with him." Her mother explained.

[Name] kept silent. She was still processing what her mother recently told her.

"Now it makes sense what Carla said about being his first love."

Her mother raised her head surprised. "Really!?" She gasped.

[Name] nodded. "He told me when we went out for the first time." She smiled at her mother widely.

"And why are you still here!?" Her mother asked with a grin. "Go to him! Ask him yourself about what happened through his point of view!"

[Name] jumped out of the bed and nodded quickly. "Yes!"

She opened the door of her mother's room and ran down the stairs.

Her mother kept quiet looking down at her lap, hearing the entrance door open and close.

She laughed through her nose and looked at her husband's picture. "Seems you were right. Everything was going to go well." She brushed the picture and smiled.