『Chapter Eight』«What happened?»

Carla looked sideways, annoyed. Why was he like this? Why couldn't he simply explain? This was simply idiotic.

Once his head dropped to the side of the bed, he saw something red. He stretched out to pick it up; it was [Name]'s uniform ribbon. It appeared she had forgot it.

He raised it to his nose and inhaled. He closed his eyes.

Why the hell did he raise his voice at her?

***

[Name] pushed the door open and quickly took off her shoes.

"Mother!" She slammed the door of the entrance and shouted for her mother, who quickly came down stairs.

"Wha—what happened, [Name]? Why are you shouting all of a sudden?"

[Name] had a serious face. "Mother," she started, "please tell me everything. I want to know what in the world is going on here."

Her mother kept quiet.

"It's just that—you..." her mother paused. "I don't think you should hear about it just yet." She explained. [Name]'s hands tighten with annoyance.

"Please, mother! I need to know! What's my past with Carla!? Why are you telling me to stay away from him!?" She yelled, demanding for answers.

Her mother's sight dropped to the ground with sighed.  "Alright, then please come with me." She waved her hand as a sign for [Name] to follow her.

[Name] gulped down the knot of fear on her throat and followed after her mother up the stairs.

Her mother opened the room's door and walked in. The [Color] haired followed and closed the door behind her. She stood quiet in the middle of the room, watching how her mother looked for something hidden inside the closet.

"What... are you looking for?" [Name] asked. Her mother didn't answered.

Moments later, she stepped back with an old box, labeled Elisa and Peter.

"Elisa?" [Name] muttered. "That's what you called me before."

Her mother hummed a yes. She took of the top and pulled out an old photograph.

"Here." Her mother handed it to her.

[Name] looked at it in shock.
"This is... me!?" She gasped.

Her mother nodded.  "That's you in the early 1560's." Her mother spoke. "Back then you were known as Elisa Smith. The rose of town." Her mother chuckled.

"The rose of town?" She echoed and her mother once more nodded.

"Since most of the guys at the time would see you as the prettiest girl on the kingdom's village."

The [Color] eyed sided her head.

"But you really weren't interested in any of the ones that propose to you." She explained. "Then at one time we went to offer gifts for the royal family. And you actually fell in love with someone there." Her mother said.

"Who was it?" She was pretty sure she knew the answer, but she wouldn't like to jump into conclusions.

"The same you know today. Carla Tsukinami." Her mother pulled out another photo. "You may be also wondering why I didn't named you Elisa again. Simple as it—wouldn't had been the same."

Her mother pointed at the picture on [Name]'s hands.

"This is your father, also on the 1560's. His name was Peter Smith." She sighed and took the photo away from her daughter's hands and held it on hers. "When I met him again after so much time, he was Peter [L/Name]. For some reason his last name changed along with his race. He was a human. Which is why you are a half-human and half-demon—"

"Wait, hold it! I'm a what!?" [Name] snapped.

"Half-human and half-demon." Her mother repeated.

"What in the world?" She gasped out.

"What? You thought your mother was a simple human?" She laughed.

"You are a demon!?" [Name] asked.

"Mm-hm." Her mother nodded. "I may look like I'm in my laye twenties. But I'm actually more than 900 years old." She explained. "I was a normal demon living happily on the village, then suddenly your father appeared. Followed by him was you, Elisa Smith." Her mother smiled.

"Now going for what you really wanted to know. What happened between you and Carla, right?" Her mother stood from the bed and went to placed the box once more on the closet. "To start begin with, he wasn't a normal person. He was the prince on the royal family that governed our kingdom. Remember I mentioned you had fallen in love with him?"

[Name] nodded.

"But because he was a royal and you just a plebeian. Both couldn't have any kind of touch for each other." [Name] looked down and kept quiet.

What really happened between Carla and her?