Chapter 21

Jayson's P.O.V. 

I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I pinched myself for good measure.

She was still there.

I woman in long white robes sat on a stool in the corner of the prison. She had long pale blue hair and midnight blue eyes as dark as the night sky.

"You're probably wondering why the memory serum didn't work on you aren't you?" She said. Her voice as soft as silk.

"Um... actually I was wondering who you are...?" I asked.

The woman giggled. "Oh right, how silly of me."

She stood up and inclined me to do the same. "I am known as the Moon Goddess, but you can call me Selene. I'm here because I thought I could help clear up some of your confusion."

I nodded. She was a Goddess? Should I bow or something?

Selene threw back her head and laughed. "You don't have to bow to me, just be yourself."

I blushed, realizing she could read my thoughts.

"Now as I said before, you're probably wondering why the memory serum didn't work for you."

I nodded, now that she mentioned it I was indeed quite curious.

Selene smiled. "Well, first of you're a werewolf."

I gaped a her. "What?" I sputtered.

Selene continued as if I hadn't interrupted her.

"Your father is Alpha of the Silvermoon pack, he's known as Alpha Sander. Your mother was an omega, a very rare kind of werewolf. They're so special because they are stronger than most werewolves and also have a calming effect on anyone wo goes near them. Omega's also don't shift until their bodies are fully matured, so usually in between the age of eighteen and twenty-five. Still following?"

I nodded. Then frowned.

"But my mother isn't a werewolf."

Selene sighed. "No she isn't, but she's not your real mother. I asked her and her husband to take care of you until you were old enough to take care of yourself. But I guess things didn't really work out.

Then I understood. Why my mother hated me. I really was the reason her husband had left.

"Please don't think like that Jayson." Selene said with a sad smile.

"But what about my real parents then?" I asked. Why couldn't they take care of me?

Selene answered my question.

"Your mother died during a rogue attack when you were just a baby. Alpha Sander was devastated. Too heartbroken to care about anything, or anyone."

I nodded in understanding. Selene continued.

"That's why I erased the whole packs memory. Including your father's, and put you in the care of humans."

"Thank you, for explaining everything." I said.

Selene smiled. "Your welcome." Then she made shooing motions with her hands. "Now go on! Your mate needs you!"

I turned towards the door and realized it was now open. I turned back towards Selene to thank her but she'd already disappeared.

I shook my head. I had to find Catalina.