Chapter 14

Cal's P.O.V. (a.k.a. Catalina's brother) 

I walked into the packhouse where Rose was sitting on the couch. Deciding to surprise my mate I snuck up behind her an-

"Don't even think about it Cal."

I slumped down in defeat, dropping myself onto the couch next to her.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked.

Rose smiled and kissed my cheek. "Because it's always you sweetie."

I pouted at the nickname which made Rose laugh. Then I remembered what I came here for.

"Have you seen Catalina?"

Rose nodded. "Yeah, I helped her chose an outfit for her for some kind of Halloween party." Then she lightly punched my shoulder. "You didn't tell me Cat found her mate!"

I rubbed my shoulder while thinking something over.

"What's wrong?" Rose asked. "Didn't she tell you?"

"No, she told me. It's just..."

"What?" Rose looked at me expectantly.

"I think Catalina is going to do something stupid." I looked at Rose. "Something that could get her kicked out of the pack."

Rose stared at me. "Well then what are you waiting for? We've got to stop her! Let's go!"

Luckily Rose knew where the school was and led the way.

Suddenly she stopped and sniffed the air. Concern for my little sister had me doing the same. I growled.

"Hunters."

"We've got to go around them." Rose said with reluctance laced in her tone.

I nodded. It meant it would take longer to get to Catalina, but on the other side we wouldn't be much help if we'd be dead.

Rose set off again. Staying clear of the hunters.

I hoped we got there in time.