Chapter 7

Thursday October 27th 2016

Jayson's P.O.V.

Yesterday was amazing. Me and Catalina spent the rest of the day together, we had all the same classes! Though she didn't have books for any of them. Not that I minded sharing mine.

It was Thursday now and I was just finished putting my books in my locker when someone tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hello." Catalina said, smiling.

I returned the gesture when the bell went and we walked off to class.

Which happened to be gym.

I was sitting on the bench in the boys changing room and took a deep breath. This time I'd remembered to bring gym clothes. Simple grey shorts and a white T-shirt.

I quickly tied my laces and then walked into the gym hall. The teacher wasn't there yet. And neither was Catalina.

I walked over to the bleachers hoping nobody would notice me.

But luck's always hated me and today was no different. And it seemed that luck and fate were on the same side and decided to make me trip.

And fall right against Steven Henderson.

"I'm so sorry." I rushed out. But it was too late, the damage had already been done.

"What was that?" Steven said.

"I'm so-"

His fist collided with my face and I fell down. Banging my elbow in the process.

The room erupted into laughter and my face turned red with humility.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a mop of curly brown/blond hair and a pair of yellow eyes staring at me.

It took me a moment to realize I was crying. When I did I quickly wiped my face and stood up.

The room fell silent. So silent you could hear a pin drop.

I took my chances and ran away.

All the way back to my house.