Chapter 15

Catalina's P.O.V. 

Me and Jayson had gone outside for some fresh air and I decided now was the time to tell him.

I told him I wanted to show him something and took him to a clearing inside Emeraldforest, the same forest my pack was named after and resided in.

Once we reached the clearing I started to become nervous. What if Jayson didn't take it well? What if... he rejected me?

I told myself to calm down, he couldn't reject me. He didn't even know how.

I turned towards Jayson and took the 'witch hat' off. He looked at me expectantly.

"Jayson, will you promise to let me explain... and not to run away?"

My mate looked at me in confusion before nodding.

I took a deep breath. Here it goes.

Cal's P.O.V.

Me and Rose had found the gym room, which was packed with bodies.

"I can't see Catalina." Rose said. "Should we mind-link her?"

"No." I said. "Then she'll know we're here."

Rose nodded. "Let's go outside. Maybe she's there."

Catalina's P.O.V.

I shifted. My bones popped and the black dress ripped apart.

When I was in wolf form I looked up at Jayson.

He stood frozen for a moment before he stumbled back and fell down.

I whimpered and slowly walked towards my mate. Jayson remained frozen and stared at me.

I licked his face and waited for a reaction.

"Lina?"

I nodded.

"How... what...?"

I smirked. Which probably looked very odd since I was a wolf. But Jayson seemed to get the message and sat up.

"Can I... touch you?" he asked.

I nodded and nuzzled my head into Jayson's hand. He started to rhythmically stroke my fur and I lay down on my belly, enjoying my mates touch.

"You're so beautiful." Jayson whispered.