Somebody Pinch Me. I Must Be Dreaming

"Liza, honey, what are you doing", her mom asked her when she saw her daughter walk with a limp. "Mom, I'm thirsty. I just gonna get my water over there", she replied, pointed at the glass of water on the table. She had been unable to go anywhere for about 3 days. She broke one of her legs in a car accident. Thank goodness she didn't die. "You lay back, I'll get you your water", her mom said. There was no use in insisting that she could do it alone, especially to her mom, so she laid back. Her mom got her glass of water from the table and gave it to her.

"A car accident", Liza talked to herself, "I vaguely remember how that happened". All she remembered before she awoke in her room with one leg broken was that she was on her way home, driving her parent's car. When she turned her car at the corner, a bright light appeared and blinded her. That was all she remembered. "Bright light. It might be a truck. Or a bus. Either way, I was lucky I survived with only one leg broken", she murmured.

She also remembered that her parents told her that she had been unconscious for 3 days after the accident. After she awoke, her parents acted twice as protective as they ever did before the accident. She was their only child, that should be understandable, but from Liza's point of view, it wasn't necessary. Not like that.

"Mom! Mom, I need to go to the bathroom", she called her mom several times, but there were no answers.

"Well, it's just one broken leg, I could still go to the bathroom myself. I just didn't want to hear her complain again", she thought. She got down of her bed. Walking with one leg broken was not easy, but she finally got to the bathroom.

When Liza got out of the bathroom, she heard 2 voices talking. Those voices didn't sound like her parents. So, she followed the source of the voices.

To her horror, at her parent's bedroom, she saw 2 creatures, with oval shaped alien-like head, three eyes and a mouth in a form similar to a tentacle. The creatures looked like the aliens she saw on TV and books. And they were wearing her parent's clothes. Talking in a language she didn't understand.

Shocked, she accidentally dropped a vase near her and broke it. The creature heard the noises she made, turned their head. Upon realizing that Liza was there, they shape-shift back to Liza's parents face.

"Liza, honey! Wait! This is not what you think!", the creature, in the form of her parents, tried to talk to her as they chase her while she was running at her best with a limp from one leg broken while holding on to the wall, cupboard, and railing.

"Where are my parents?!", she yelled, as she locked her room, and blocked it with anything she could drag onto. "We are your parents", they replied. "Bullshit! Where are my real parents, you creepy alien creatures?!", she yelled back in fear and panic.

While yelling at each other with the aliens, Liza looked around her room, tried to find a way out. There was a window. But she was on a second floor. Remembered that below her bedroom window was a huge softy bush, she pushed herself to jumped out. And she made it.

Upon realizing that Liza had gotten out, both aliens ran after her to the outside.

"Liza, honey! Wait!", the alien-mom begged. Liza, still running towards her house's gate in hope of finding someone outside to help, felt like the cried she heard from the alien-mom was genuine. But, how could that be? So, she kept running.

It was already night time, but she knew her neighborhood, there should still be many people outside. She ran her way the fastest she could, with the help of a crutch she found in her room.

"Liza, honey! No! Don't open the gate! Don't go out! It's dangerous outside!", the aliens screamed.

"Are you kidding me? It's more dangerous inside! With both of you!", she yelled back. Liza kept running, the best she could. "I gotta go out! I gotta go out!", she told herself.

Liza finally reached the gate, and she opened it. Half relieved because she finally able to get some help, she fell sit on the ground.

"Please! Help! Aliens, or whatever that was, had replaced my parents!", Liza screamed frantically for help, as she turned her head up, to see anyone around her.

She screamed in horror when she saw so many people were standing there. But not the people she expected. All the people she saw there looked like the aliens she saw replacing her parents. Exactly like them. And they all stared deeply at her.

In horror, and confusions of what actually happened, she looked up to the sky, where she could see a glimpse of earth from there.

"Somebody pinch me. I must be dreaming...", she whispered.