chapter ten

Adams pov

The concert was about to start. It would be an understatement to say that I was not nervous. I was never this nervous for a concert before. I guess that because this concert is for Maxie's sake,  and her memory, that i am more nervous than before. 

"Adam, you have five minutes." one of the security guards said. I walked up onto the stage, and right when I stepped onto the stage, the whole crowd booed. 

I woke up with a start. I've been having these nightmares ever since I decided to have the concert. The concert was in a day, and I was getting way too nervous. I was never this nervous for a concert before. Never. Its just that I had people to help me get through those before the concert jitters. 

Now, I have nobody. 

Before, I had the guys, I had Naomi. I had Max. And just like that, they all fell through my fingers. They were either dead, or somewhere else. 

I've never felt so alone. 

Brads pov

I stood out on the balcony of the pent house the guys and I was staying at for our concert today. I wasn't nervous for the concert. I've been through many concerts before. I just needed some fresh air, and some time to think. 

Since Max's death, I haven't been the same. I mean, no one has been the same since she left. But, she was like a little sister to me. Even though she didn't know this, I always was like the protective older brother. 

But she thought Neil was like an older brother to her. I knew that she cared for me, but she was fond of Neil, she was fond of Adam. 

The door of the balcony opened. I turned around and saw Matt standing there. He walked over to me and rested his arms against the railing. 

"Whats wrong bro?" he said. The thing about Matt, was that he always knew when I had alot on my mind. He may be my little brother, but he acted like he was older than me sometimes. 

"I miss Max. Its so different without her. You know what I mean right?" I asked him. 

He just nodded. I knew that he used to bully Max, and he regrets it. I could see the pain in his face with the mention of her name. It was a while, until he finally spoke. 

"From me knowing Max, I always knew that she was special. She was a talented kid. I was jealous of her because she had all of you guys when she was feeling down. You weren't always there for me. 

But with the short time that I knew her, she taught me something. She taught me that no matter what, things always get better. Even when you feel like you hit rock bottom, there will be people there for you to help you get back onto your feet. 

Her story was different then mine though. She came from a bad family. She had nothing before you guys meet her. You guys made her so happy. Everything was perfect for her for a while. Then, she hit rock bottom again. With her story I learned that you could always get back up on your feet after you fall down. But you may only get back up for a short while. Because there would always be those people who would want to make you feel lesser than yourself. 

Max knew how corrupt the world was. With her music, she tried to teach the world how  corrupt it was. She wanted to tell the world that it was not a good place to live in. With people telling you things about you to make you feel unimportant, she wanted to get a message out. She wanted people to know that there would be that group of people that dispise you , and that group of people that love you. You just had to look hard enough to figure out who those people where." 

With what Matt said, I couldn't agree with him anybetter. 

Max's story is teaching us that there isn't always a happy ending.