14 - zeppelin wasn't my cup of tea for other reasons

We entered the famous orange car. I wanted to run back to your apartment and lock myself in my room, but I didn't have a key and you would've found a way to get me wherever you wanted me to go either way.

"Are you still mad?" you looked at my face as I looked out the window.

"Yes," I replied coldly.

"Well, you shouldn't be."

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes, the colorful lights reflecting off my skin as we drove through the city.

I already felt out of place next to you, let alone wearing oversized clothes that emphasized all the wrong parts of my body.

"Kitten," you smiled at my response, "We're going to have fun."

"I look and feel dead Bryson, I couldn't care less about having fun right now."

"If that's dead take my life away right now."

I rolled my eyes again, but the temperature in my body rose with them. I didn't want to ask you where we were going because I knew it would just stress me out to think about potential situations, so I sat quietly, trying not to let my eyes close against my will.

"Kitten," I heard a whisper, far, far away.

"Faye," I knew that it was your voice. I just didn't know where it was coming from. I tried to answer, but my lips wouldn't move.

"Kitten, if you don't open your eyes I will have to do it myself and it won't be pretty."

"You are such a pain in the ass!" my voice was groggy from sleep, "Goodnight Bryson."

But then in less than a second, I was pulled back into reality, as something wet slid over my cheek.

"DID YOU JUST-"

"Be quiet, the movie's about to start."

I blinked a couple of times to understand what was going on. First I saw your face close to mine, your eyes settled on my lips, and then they slowly moved up to my eyes. I didn't even know I was holding a breath until I felt the urge to breathe. I could see every inch of your face perfectly, every freckle, curve and line, the way your eyelashes curled and your thoughts hid behind your irises.

Then, behind you, I saw some people in and out of their parked cars, with a big screen showing commercials on it in front of them. An outdoor cinema.

"I hope you're into horror movies," you whispered and I saw a battle in your eyes before you pulled away and let me exit the car.

There was a fleece blanket on the floor already with two bowls of popcorn on it.

"Did you seriously...?" I rubbed my eyes.

"If you don't want to watch it..."

"No, no, I do. It's just that you might have picked the wrong day," I smiled lazily and sat down, "I hope I'll make it through the movie without falling asleep."

"I'm sure you won't have to worry about that when you start screaming," you sat down a step away from me.

I opened my mouth to protest, but closed it again before I could say anything. Nothing good would come out of me admitting that horror movies didn't scare me, I thought. I remembered that Max always joked about hoping I would come closer to him during the scary parts, telling me that that was the only reason he took us to see a horror movie in the first place. I didn't want to disappoint you, so I played along.

The movie was a bore. It talked about a zombie apocalypse, was filled with expectable jump scares and characters that were so stupid you couldn't tell which one you wanted to get killed first.
But I paid attention to every second of it, every scream the audience let out I moved a bit closer to you, hoping it was what you wanted and I wasn't being too obvious.