Chapter 44

At The Quarry

"Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?" Takarie asked.

"Do you remember what happened?" I asked.

"You called me, Sky. You were so scared. I should have realized it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire." Takarie explained.

"Klaus. It was Klaus." Elena explained.

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't..... I don't remember anything after that." Takarie said looking around confused. "Where are we? What happened?"

"We're at the quarry. He brought us here." I said.

"Why don't I remember anything?" Takarie asked.

"T, do you remember..... when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" I asked.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's...... Oh, God. He killed me." Takarie frowned.

"T, listen to us. Listen to us; everything's going to be okay. We're going to get you out of here." Elena assured her.

"I'm a vampire." Takarie asks in shock.

"And I bet you're hungry." Greta smirks as Elena and I try to go for the sharp rock but end up being separated in two circles of fire.

Elena and I tried getting out but the fire got higher and hotter.

"And don't bother trying to escape. I spelled the circles. You're trapped. No matter what you do." Greta explained.

"Greta, please. Just let her go." I begged.

"Klaus chose her." Greta frowned then at her wrist with the rock, putting it in front of Takarie. "Drink it."

"Takarie, don't!" Elena told her.

"I can't." Takarie shook her head.

"Let her go! Hey!" I demanded but was too late as Takarie started drinking the blood from Greta's wrist.

"No!" Elena and I panicked.

"That's enough!" Greta stated pushing Takarie away and put a circle of fire around her as well.

Later

"How are you feeling?" I asked T.

"I feel like myself, only not. Everything is brighter. The fires hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything."

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human." Elena explained. "That's the part that hurts."

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Takarie cried.

"No." I stated. "Takarie, I'm not gonna let that happen. I don't care what I have to do."

That's when we heard cracking and a woman's scream of pain. "Who's that?" Takarie asked.

"That's must be the werewolf." Elena said.

"Jules." I growled when I saw her before Greta put a ring of fire around her as well.

"What's happening to me?" Jules cried in pain.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. You're insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta explained.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature." Elena tried to reason. "It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed."

"My duty is to Klaus!" Greta argued. "The new order."