Epilogue

~6 years later~

Keith was so nervous as he stepped into the elevator with Lance. The man squeezed his husband's hand as the dings began and the elevator moved. He honestly had no reason to be nervous. It wasn't his baby his was going to see, nor was it his future sibling, but it still made him nervous.

It honestly felt like forever, waiting in that chair as he practically squeezed Lance's hand to death. He couldn't help it, he wanted to know if his new little niece was okay. The whole way here he was ranting endlessly about "what ifs." Lance was annoyed the whole way over and wanted Keith to have peace at mind, though Dimitri had joined in on Keith's rants.

Next to them in the elevator was Matt, Dimitri, and Samuel. Matt was excited to go meet his niece while Samuel remained to be a worried mess with pulled hair. They had waited for an hour and a half before even hearing that the baby was born and both the mother and child were okay. Then they had to wait another half hour just to go see them. Now they were walking to the hospital room with slow feet and hurried hearts. They saw the door that hung a sign with the name 'Lilian Kate' with information scribbled down on a chalkboard underneath it. Keith squeezed Lance's hand as they approached the door that held Shiro and his wife and their baby.

Matt walked ahead and drenched his hands in the hand-sanitizer at the door. Then with a smile he opened the door and quickly stepped inside, leaving the door cracked. All they heard was a squeal from the room after the brunette went in. Mr. Holt was next as his worry seemed to fade, as if hearing his son squeal was a good sign. Dimitri tugged at Keith's arm.

The Galra teen was still rejected by the humans, so Dimitri and his adopted parents live in the newly remodeled shed that Keith used to own while Keith stays with Lance in their apartment. In the six years that have past, Dimitri had sprouted up to Kieth's shoulders upon the child's thirteenth birthday, which was a month ago. Pidge was worried he was growing to fast, but was reminded of a Galra's height.

Keith knew it was time for them to enter. He took a breath, cleaned his hands, and slowly opened the door the remaining way. Dimitri, who had followed his steps, rushed in to see his new baby sister. From the door, Keith couldn't see the hospital bed, he could only see the visitors. His nerves increased.

Lance kissed his cheek, "darling, calm down. It's just a baby born from our sister-in-law's body. You can handle it, just don't start crying when you see her." Keith wanted to believe Lance was right, but he was just to nervous.

Keith walked into the room. Shiro sat next to the hospital bed as he held the baby close to him, smiling down at her. "Everyone, meet Lilian," he said, looking up at their family. Dimitri climbed over the couch against the wall and walked to his father's side. Shiro leaned the baby in the teen's direction so he could see. Keith saw her face too and, despite Lance's wishes, began to feel tears coming up.

She was just to beautiful, she had her mother's brown eyes and Shiro's dark hair. Keith couldn't hold the happy tears in. He walked over to where the baby was, wanted ever so badly to hold her. Shiro looked up at him and saw his tears.

"You are still an emotional teen, even in your twenties, I can tell," the father said to him and motioned for Keith to sit down. Keith listened to him and sat on the couch that Dimitri had climbed over. Shiro carefully handed the baby over to the tearing-up uncle. 

"She likes you," Pidge said, looking extremely tired in the hospital bed, "she hasn't smiled that big yet. Look at that gorgeous smile of hers." Keith looked down and Lilian was smiling at him, eyes closed. His nerves faded as he continued to pear down at his niece. Lance sat next to him, wrapping an arm around Keith's shoulder.

In was a in a moment Keith decided that he wanted to adopt a baby of his own. he turned to Lance with stars in his eyes, "I want one." Lance looked back at him and responded, "you want what now?"

Keith was sure that he wanted a child to raise and see come Dimitri's age then his own. "I want a child. Lance, let's adopt!" Lance was quiet for awhile.

Shock covered the faces of everyone in the room. Matt was first to speak, "well that was sudden. Not gonna lie, it got me slightly excited. Does this mean there will be two little kids and a teen in the family?"

"Hey! I haven't even agreed!" Lance seethed as he whipped his head over to Matt with a glare.

The stars in Keith's eyes faded, "does that mean you don't want to?" Lance turned his head back to his niece and husband. He stared at the disappointed face Keith gave then at the baby who was now asleep in his arms.

"No, no, no. I was just saying Matt shouldn't go saying things until its official... and of course Keith. We can adopt," Lance said, smiling awkwardly. It was true, Lance did want to adopt. He had even thought of asking Keith if he wanted to a few times. The sudden statement just threw him of guard.

"Not wanting to interrupt this moment, but I want my baby back," Pidge said, holding her arms out and grabbing at the air as she pouted. Shiro laughed and carefully took the baby from Keith. Once the baby was in Pidge's arms again, Katie stopped pouting. 

"I'm not sure which one is the baby...," Shiro said, laughing as he took a seat next to the bed. Samuel walked up next to Katie, looking down at his daughter. She smiled up at him.

"Feel free to ask me for anything...," he said, touching her shoulder.

-----

"Dimitri come down stairs!" Pidge shouted up at the teenager. Dimitri ran down the stairs, passing his five-year-old sister. He turned the corner to meet Pidge in the kitchen.

"Yes, mom?" he asked as Pidge looked at him with something in her hands.

"Shiro went out and that means your on Lilian duty while I cook," she said, handing him Lilian's favorite plushies of the black lion and green lion Aunt Allura made her. Dimitri enjoyed being on Lilian duty. It was the only time he got to program whatever he wanted into her little brain.

"Yes, mom," he said with a smile. She turned to go back to cooking, but stopped.

"No more feeding her ideas about going into space at a young age and becoming apart of alien-fighting robot," she told him. Dimitri groaned. That was his favorite thing to do! They even played space! "I'm joking." The teen smiled and left to go talk to his lil' sis.

Pidge ended up getting a happy ending after all. She was really lucky to have the family that she has and she wouldn't change her past if she could. Though, she continues to get dreams about different universes and it seems like Lilian gets them too, but that's a problem for when the child is older. Pidge's pain was grand, but with time and her family, that vanished.

And that's the end! I really enjoyed writing this book and I found joy in writing it. I will be publishing the first chapter of another Shidge/Klance book today. Its called Our Boundaries.

ThatOneServant out!