9-Helping A Friend

Keith poured his heart out while Lance just listened. The blue paladin had no idea these kinds of thoughts, worries, and pains manifested inside of Keith. In all honesty, when Keith finished, Lance didn't know what to say. He himself had his own pains, but they were nothing like Keith's.

"Don't just sit there with that stupid expression... say something," Keith said to Lance after a while of silence. When Lance started to freak out, Keith turned around to face the idiot. "To much for your small brain to handle?" Keith half joked.

"No, more like a 'I don't know what to say' situation," Lance responded as he pulled Keith into another hug, "let it all out." Lance didn't expect Keith to actually cry while Lance held him in his arms, but then again mullet head was full of surprises.

Lance began to pat Keith on the back as he cried his heart out. It took Keith a long time to stop crying and back away from Lance's embrace. "You aren't going to forget this bonding moment, right?" Keith asked as he wiped his face dry with his sleeves. Lance smiled.

"Of course not." The two laughed. When their laughter died off, Lance stood and walked to the cracked door. "When you have you face dry and back to normal, come to the control room. Allura is searching for Pidge and Shiro as we speak."

Keith only nodded as he watched Lance leave. It made his heart hurt to see him leave, though.

----

The torturing was painful and full of electric bolts bursting through your body, but the two managed to get through without answering a single question. Pidge answered them, but not properly. She always gave a smart reply like "what do you think" and "like I'll tell you, grape."

When the two were reunited in their cell, they both gave a sigh of pure relief. "What will we do?" Pidge asked Shiro as they sat back-to-back in the cold cell. He looked at her, then his missing arm.

"I have no idea. Escape will be hard this time around. Maybe if we attack the Galra who take us to interrogation and have you hack the system and send a distress signal, Allura would pick it up?" Shiro suggested, leaning his head against Pidge's.

"Impossible. They're too strong for me and you only have one arm," Pidge replied, running plans through her head. All seemed to have lower then a 50% chance of success. She sighed and stared at the wall in front of her. "I don't want to sleep, but I'm tired..."

"Sleep Katie, it'll be okay," the black paladin told his teammate. Pidge took only a second to respond.

"Nightmares are what stop me. They haven't changed in the past year... Also, why do you keep calling me Katie instead of Pidge?" Pidge asked, thinking of all the times he's already called her Katie.

"Oh, well, when I was stuck with Matt, he'd want to hear stories, mostly about you. He didn't know what a 'Pidge' was, so I had to refer to you as Katie and I guess it's a habit now," the older man replied. Pidge got excited about that. That would mean Shiro spoke a lot about her. Way to go Matt!

"Hey, can you tell me a story of when you were with Matt at the base place?" she asked him. Shiro saw no reason not to and began to think of which one he should tell her to pass the time. He scanned through his memories of the last year and decided on a certain memory.

"Know how I said Matt almost got sent to the mines? Well the reason he was considered was because he kept making jokes when we'd have food break. He'd always say some stupid joke and make us laugh. Though, now that I know what's down there, I think they were learning of his intellectual properties. Learning he had more in his brain than in his muscle," Shiro told her as he remembered the event.

She laughed at this. "Yeah I agree with that last statement. Wait, did he tell the one about the space goat that always ended with 'you goat to be kidding me'?" she questioned, remembering the joke he would always say to cheer her up as a kid.

"He used that one a lot, though, he kept changing it up," Shiro said, chuckling between words as he thought of Matt's daily joke sessions.

"That boy was something else," Pidge mumbled, agreeing with the man one more time. She laughed. She was upset, deep inside though. She had just found her father and brother after years of searching and, as Lance would say, pulling a major Mulan. It hurt to be separated from them again, but at least they were safe and she was the one captured this time around.

She and Shiro exchanged words about Matt's stupid jokes until a passing Galra guard slammed its weapon into the cage to silence them. The two shared one last laugh before going asleep.

Her nightmares returned. This time it was of her recent mission into that weapon factory, and as soon as she found her family, they disappeared.

The colors would fade and it'd be just her and Shiro in the cell. He would have that pitiful expression while she tried her hardest to escape. She'd stay there until she was awakened.

That was their everyday routine for the next four days. Wake up, interrogation, then talk about things that happened the last year, followed by Pidge's nightmares. It wasn't as terrible as it could've been since Shiro was there and the nightmares got better.

I think I have a routine going on myself. Publish one chapter during the day, the next three that night XD Strong suggestion: make sure you know what chapter you were last on because when I get excited about writing, I write four chapters a day.

ThatOneServant out!