18- We're Home, Guys

They floated in space, waiting to be found. "The cell was better then this...," Ivairan said as he touch everything in sight. "It really hasn't changed after all these years. Wow, I still can't believe you are a paladin!" Just like in the cell, the Altean asked to many questions and had no idea how to close his mouth.

Pidge motioned for Shiro to bend down so she could whisper something to him. When he did as told she whispered, "I have duct tape in the box over there." She motioned to a rectangle box with a handle that sat in the corner. Shiro nodded and walked to it.

"What are you doing? Why do you need that stuff? Why are you waking over to-," the Altean's mouth was taped shut twice and Shiro began to enjoy the silence. Only thing that could be heard was the boy's muffled voice. He rose his hands to his covered mouth and clawed at the tape.

"Take that off and I'll have Shiro tape you to that wall," Pidge warned as she waited for their rescue. The muffled noises stopped. "Good."

"Wow, he finally quieted?" a small voice came from lower in the lion. The three escapees looked into the dark as a Galra child stepped into the cockpit.

"QUIZNAK!" Pidge screamed at the sudden appearance.

------

"A distress signal?" Allura mumbled as she looked at the castle's screen. "Coran pinpoint it and take us there. I have a strange feeling about this..." Coran nodded and started to find where the signal was coming from.  His eyes grew wide at what he figured out.

"Princess its coming from behind us, in space. No planet is around there so it must be a ship," Coran said and looked at Allura. "And its not just any ship, its the green lion."

Allura wasted no time and blasted the alarm. She had little time and needed a fast way to get the crew here. Her voice rang throughout the castle, "paladins, Holts, report to the control room, now. We have news!"

It took a small amount of time for the other three paladins and the Holts to enter with expressions of worry. "The Garla are attacking!?" Keith shouted, prepared to fight. Allura looked at them with tears in her eyes and smiled.

"No, we've got a distress signal. It's from the green lion. Paladins, we've found Shiro and Pidge!" she cheered. Keith dropped his helmet and dove for a hug from Lance. Tears slipped out of his eyes as Lance patted his back.

"Lance, they weren't dead like you said," the shorter paladin said into Lance's shirt. Hunk just grabbed both Lance and Keith, giving the two a giant bear hug. 

"This is great news! We'll have our friends back and we can form Voltron!" the yellow paladin cheered as he crushed the two sticks in his hands. While the three had their own hug, Matt and Mr. Holt hugged each other with tears in their eyes.

"What are you waiting for? Go bring my baby girl and Shiro home!" Mr. Holt said as he looked at the team. Keith and Lance nodded as Hunk let them go. With that the three and Allura headed towards their lions. Rushing out into space, they headed towards the green lion's location.

In a few ticks, they had spotted something green and silver in the distance. The paladins sped up with the thought of seeing their friends again. Hunk scanned the lion to see if the two were even alive. Four lifeforms popped up.

"Guys this might sound strange, but there's four people in that lion," Hunk told the others. Lance and Allura grew a little skeptical as they came closer to the disabled lion. Keith contacted the green lion with visual communication and looked at the passengers. They were asleep, but it wasn't hard to notice Shiro's floof and Pidge's hair. She was in Shiro's lap as the third and forth slept in the shadows, unable to be seen.