"Don't worry about him." Tex says, catching me looking at him. "They did another surgery to take out his A.I. and they're going to start taking everyone's A.I. out."

I nod and let her lead me to her room where a plate with a pile of Ramen Noodles on it. One of my favorite foods of all time on this ship.

She helps me to her bed and gives me the Ramen that I start devouring in seconds.

"You look like a mini T-Rex right now." Tex laughs.

"I feel like one." I mumbled through a mouth full of Ramen.

"I have something to tell you, but it's going to make you spit out your ramen out of your mouth and say 'WHAT?!' really loudly." She continues.

I swallowed. "Hit me." I tell her and get another mouthful into my mouth.

"I'm leaving Project Freelancer and going rogue."

I spit out my Ramen and yelled, "WHAT?!"

"Told you.." She rolls her eyes in amusement. "And yes I'm leaving."

"Why?" I ask in wonder.

"I think this will answer all your questions." She hands me a datapad with a dogtag in the USB slot. I look at the tag closely and it says "Connecticut."

"Um Tex-"

"I know.Just watch the video and explore the files. I'll give you some space and calm York down because he's been screaming and killing my ears in the comm about where are you."

"Well at least it's good to know that I have a caring brother." I laugh "But ok." She gives me a nod and heads out her door and to the hallway, leaving me with the datapad.

"Alright Connie.. what do you have to tell me?"

I open the files and see a couple of Folders: A.I. Experimentation, Mission Logs, Personnel Files, Financials, Video Surveillance, and Agent Experimentations.

Wait Agent Experimentations?

I tap on that folder and a few files appear. I scan through them with curiosity. There was one about the Twins, about Tex, even one on Carolina.

And.

Me.

I open the file and read the purpose of my experiment.

Experiment 101 - Purpose

Agent Alaska has proven to be very useful from the start. Although she may not be on the Leaderboard nor is allowed to be, she is a strong and capable soldier.

We chose her for her determine mindset and valuable skills in markmanship and computers. She is a perfect candidate to test our new equipment and will be most likely to recover quickly in case of a failure.

I shake my head before reading the text again. They didn't recruit me just for my skills.. but to USE me as a test subject. That's just.. messed up.

I scrolled down the the last file Connie managed to get before having to leave and started to read.

Experiment 101 - Week 78

Agent Alaska has been very cooperative and shows no resistance in testing the new equipment. She has taken a liking in the Teleportation enhancement which might be a problem in the future for us.

You can bet it will be..

But besides this, she has successfully tested every single thing we give her. Although, we regret giving her the opportunity to use the Alpha A.I. and now she questions the fragments' origins. We will have to remove the memory if she continues with these questions.

Well.. isn't that great.

Note the sarcasm.

~~~

"Start another round FILSS." I order as I inserted a new clip of blanks into my sniper. After reading the wonderful files, I decided that I needed to let off some stream.

"Beginning new round." Green targets floated around me, moving at a moderate pace.

My finger moves towards the trigger as I prepare myself for another round.

"FILSS, end the session."

I grip my sniper handle in annoyance. Leave it to York to barge in when I just want time to think.

"I'm sorry Agent York. But you aren't the one training-"

"I just want to talk to my sister FILSS."

"Just end it FILSS." I ordered.

"Ending current session."

I turn to my brother. "What do you want York?" 

[Edited]