Chapter Nineteen

Thank you for you patience and your endless support!

And Thank you to my beta Wisteriamoon

Confused, Hermione was still standing on the same spot Pansy had left her behind. 

Her eyes bewildered. 

A feeling of sickness overwhelmed her and she hated the fact that she was allowing herself to feel that way. 

Because she knew that Pansy would do anything to bring her down and humiliate her just for entertainment. 

Hermione tried her best to keep that in mind, and to shrug her words off as childish. 

But somehow she couldn't. Pansy's words had taken a prominent place in Hermione's mind.  

With a heavy heart Hermione finally started to move again. 

She didn't want to stay in this room any longer. 

All the while she kept repeating the words in her head. Over and Over again. 

It made sense... everything made sense. 

There had been so much chaos that day, a person could've easily slipped something in her drink. 

Besides, it had been a bit strange that Blaise had almost immediately admitted that he'd been the one who'd created that swamp. Normally he would try to defend himself, talk himself out of the mess he'd created. 

But after one quick glance at Draco, he had lowered his head and had said that he'd been the one who had made the swamp appear in the middle of the hall. 

Hermione never thought of this before, but she could have sworn that Blaise was grinning when he'd been taken away to McGonnagal's office. 

So maybe.... 

No. She had to stop doing this. Every time when something was going well, she would always think that something wasn't right. Past events had taught her that every single time when something good happened, something bad would follow swiftly. 

But then again... 

That afternoon, Draco had been standing by her side the entire time, he'd never left her sight. 

He couldn't have done it. 

Without realising it, Hermione suddenly stood before the portrait that would lead her into the common living room. 

With a sigh she tried to compose herself; she straightened her shoulders and held her head high. 

Godric gave her a friendly nod as she said the password, allowing her to enter the room. 

Draco was still lying on the couch, his feet dangling over the edge. His hands were holding The Daily Prophet in a firm grip, his eyes were fixated on the words and the images that were moving all over the page. 

"That was fast." 

Hermione nodded, quickly realising that Draco couldn't see the way she moved her head to answer his question. 

"Yes." She murmured softly. 

Slowly, Draco lowered his newspaper. His eyes were searching Hermione's, "Is something wrong?" 

'Of course my voice would give me away.' Hermione thought bitterly, she imagined how she must look right now... pale face, confusion written in her eyes. 

"Hermione?" 

She looked at him. 

A sudden feeling of determination took control over her. She needed to know the truth.