Chapter Eight

˜ Chapter Eight ˜

The next time Hermione woke up beams of sunlight were already lightening up the room.
She suppressed a yawn as she slipped out of her bed. She took a quick glance out of the window; seeing the sun shining brightly in the sky.

It promised to be a wonderful day.

Hermione gathered her clothes from the chair next to her bed, grabbed a towel from her closet and made her way to the bathroom.

There was no better way to start the day than taking a nice, relaxing bath.

Hermione gave a short knock on the door, making sure that Malfoy wasn't in there. When there was no reply, she gently pushed the door open and glanced inside; double checking if the room was indeed empty. She could never be certain.

She made her way further into the room, placing her clothes neatly on the wooden rack before she turned on the bath taps.

The room was immediately filled with a delicious scent of roses and the water turned into a wonderful colour palette, as always.

Hermione lowered herself into the bathtub, letting out a content sigh as the water tickled her skin.

In about half an hour, she would have to get up and go to the Great Hall where her friends expected her to eat breakfast with them.
They would engage in some sort of small talk, probably about their upcoming visit to Hogsmeade.

And then Harry would smile and wave goodbye, dragging a rather nervous Ron along with him. Ginny would suppress a giggle and she would call something encouraging after her red-haired friend.

When the food would disappear from the tables, Ginny and Hermione would rise from their seats, wrap their Gryffindor scarves tightly around their necks and make their way to the Quidditch field.

Hermione smiled; her day was already perfectly mapped out . But for now, she would close her eyes and enjoy this serene moment.

She let her head rest against the edge of the bathtub , while letting the water seep through her fingers.

She didn't know how long she had been laying there or how long she had closed her eyes. She only knew that a squeaking sound made her wake up. She slightly turned around so she was facing the door.

Hello ?"

Hermione had the annoying feeling that she had gone through the same scenario not so long ago. She knew that there was someone else with her in the room. She could sense his presence.

And it was then , that she knew that he was back again. This was how he made himself known.

Are you going to play that game again ?" Hermione scolded.