"It was very, very hot in that room that day, I was dehydrated." She defended "They could've talked me into anything."

Rory scoffed "It was your idea!"

"Okay, I am a very sick woman and that should be apparent to anyone."

Hayden groaned and rolled off the bed this time "Okay, get out of the way."

Lorelai was quick to stretch her arms across the closet in a panic "What are you doing?"

"Step away from the closet." Hayden told her softly "It's for the best."

Her mother whimpered but did as told, moving to sit beside Rory who pat her knee in mock sympathy as they watched Hayden scour the closet, pulling out clothing after clothing "Outdated. Ugly. Tacky. So last season. Never should've been in season." Hayden's eyes widen as she pulled out a plaid blazer and skirt set and turned to Lorelai "God, gingham? Who are you, your mother?"

"For Halloween, yes." Lorelai shot back "That was my costume in '84. I dressed you two as my little servants, disappointment one and two."

"Okay, we need to see pictures of that." Hayden told her before dutifully tossing the suit into the donate box "And then they need to be framed and gifted to Grandma at Christmas."

Rory got to her feet and headed over to their mother's dresser and pulled open the top drawer "Mom, I want you to come over here and take out everything that you'd be embarrassed to be wearing during a car accident and then meet us downstairs."

Lorelai shook her head "There couldn't possibly be anything I'd be embarrassed ab—" her lips pursed as Rory pulled out a shirt with a picture of David Hasselhoff captioned 'Don't hassle the Hoff' and got to her feet, marching over to the dresser sheepishly as she grabbed the shirt "I'll be right down."
☕️

WITH the Gilmore girls home the hub for all things rummage, Hayden, Rory and Lane worked together to organise the donations. Rory pulled a sweater free from the black trash bag "Sweater?"

Lane held up her hands "Over here."

Rory tossed it her way before pulling out some denim "Jeans?"

"Behind you." Hayden told her as she sorted shoes by size.

Rory nodded, tossing them behind her before pulling out a fluffy hat "A big furry purple thing that could be either a hat, a toilet paper cover or some kind of dirty hand puppet."

"Mystery box on the left." Lane told her.

Hayden looked over at it and scoffed "More like my room. Gimme!"

Rory shook her head in amusement as she tossed the hat to her sister who plopped it on her head with a grin "Now you look like mom's alarm clock."

The sound of the front door opening and closing had the three look over to see Luke entering, two bags in hand "Hey."

"Hey, Luke." Hayden smiled.

"Nice hat." He told her and she beamed, shooting her sister a smug look before he held up his bags "Where do you want these?"