In Space... No One Fully Fears You!

Captain's Journal

If I had to pick just one thing I love about space. One singular thing. Say a rock, or a planet, or a solar system... maybe even an alien race.

The one thing I love about space the most!

Not the bright twinkling of the stars, nor the darkness, quietness, peace and serenity.

No my favorite thing is not the dodging of asteroids or the evading gunfire from the rogue space pirates trying to loot your cargo, which you'd stolen from someone else, who'd probably stolen it from them in the first place.

It's not even the bright swirly things, or the illuminating flashing things that if you blink you've missed it, or the sparkly "by the stars did you see that" thing.

And it's definitely not the fact that majority of it looks the same and you find yourself often wondering haven't we been here before...

No I must say the thing I love about space above its moons and planets, black holes and time rifts, solar flares and imploding stars, great space battles and many alien beings.

The thing I love most of all is the courage and fearlessness that every race, every alien, every being out here has.

Given the fact by interspace law that space is the only place that cannot be owned or concurred be anyone, everyone seems to think it is theirs.

Yes everyone seems to get a sudden boost of confidence when meeting someone new in space and everyone seems to think they are better than the other. Whether they have a shinier exterior hull, or faster Supersonic Turbo Rapid Drive, or a diversity of peculiar and bizarre crew-members.

Just being in space gives the superiority to feel better then the rest, the kind of "look mum I'm in space" feeling.

Yes this is the feeling I love the most about space. This is why in space you may always think you are the best but at the same time you know your not because in space... no one fully fears you.