Teenagers and Their Big Mouths

Carl's POV

Ok, that was the worst night ever. It's bad enough I had to stay up all night with the girl I have mixed feelings about, but I was a total ass to her too. High five, Carl. You are ten steps farther from getting a girlfriend.

As soon as the clock hit 5:59, Lena stormed out of the tower and ran down the stairs to her cell block. I trudged down after her, thinking of a possible way to patch things up. You can ask anyone at the prison about apologies and me, and they will just laugh in your face and tell you to forget it because it ain't gonna happen. True, I am as stubborn as teenagers come, but I did want to fix my attitude towards Lena...I just didn't know how.

I walked along until Beth came up to me and stared me down with that disapproving glare.

"What?" I asked coldly.

She just glared at me some more, making sure I would shrink from guilt from hurting her new best friend.

"What is it with girls and their constant blabbing to each other? I mean, what’s the point of ‘What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas’ if girls are just going to flap their jaws about it anyway? " I asked annoyed.

"We talk because we need to vent about how stupid guys are." She glared at me.

"K, so, whatever. I'm gonna go."

"Carl Grimes, you get back here."

"Just because you’re a few years older than me doesn't mean you can tell me what to do."

"Carl." She said.

"Beth." I mocked. "Whatever she told you, she was stickin' her nose in my business, and I know I was a jack ass about it, so leave me alone."

"Wait..." She said after a while. "You never admit you’re a jack ass about anythin'."

"So?"

"You like her!" She exclaimed. Yes, I will try to deny that I might have a possibility of conceiving the idea that a MIGHT have a little crush on Lena, but that was pretty quick reasoning for Beth and her head of bleach blonde Barbie hair.

"No I don't!" I blushed. Like I said...I will deny.

"Yes you do!" Beth inched forward squealing.

"No, I don't, so leave me alone!"

"I won't tell anyone! Oh please, Carl! Tell me you like her! Please! Please!"

God she was annoying.

"I don't, Barbie. So leave me alone." I was a good liar. (He says smugly.)

I walked away from Beth, but I could still see her smiling and ignoring the fact that I called her Barbie.

Lena's POV

I was pissed.

I don't get boys, or more specifically Carl Grimes. One second he's angry and bitter, then he makes an effort to be nice and flashes me that gorgeous smile, and then he's back to hormone overloaded teenage d-bag.

What was his deal? He probably is moping around blaming me for sticking my nose in his stuff, but I needed something to talk about! I figure I will just ignore him until one of us dies. That’ll do me a world of a difference. No boys.

I walked out of my cell and found everybody together getting our daily assignments.

“What do you want me to do today, Rick?” I asked, avoiding Carl’s icy stare.

“I want you and Car-”

“No.” Carl interrupted.

“God, what now Carl?” Rick sighed.

“He doesn’t want to be associated with me again.” I murmured.

“What’s that, Lena?” Rick inquired.

“Nothing.” I smiled.

 “Dad…I really don’t want to work with Blondie.”

“So that’s what you call me now? Blondie?” I asked appalled. If there was one thing that pissed me off, it was being called Blondie or having any reference to being blonde.

It’s like Carl knew what buttons to push.

“Yeah, you’re too stupid to do anything.” He contorted.  “I don’t want to have to do anything with her, Dad.”

“Ok, just because I tried to start a conversation with you Mr. Anti-Social doesn’t mean you have to be a jerk about it. And I’ll have you know-”

“They sound like their married.” Glenn chuckled.

“Shut up, Glenn.” Carl said.

“You two. Enough. Go into the woods and look for some meat. Do you think you can do that without ripping each others heads off?”

“Yes sir.” I said.

“Whatever.” Carl moaned.

“This is why I hate teenagers.” I heard Daryl whisper.

Hey! Sorry i didn't upload for a few days! Uplaod again soon! Keep reading;) 

~Bella