3.5.5 | Find A Balance

Zacznij od początku

Someone knocking on the door brought me out of my thoughts. "Busy," I said, not in the mood to talk to anyone.

Nevertheless, the door opened and in walked Lavanya. She took a moment to take in what I was doing - which was nothing - and then raised her brows. "I see. You are very busy."

My frown only deepened, not a fan of her teasing in the moment. Closing the door behind her, she walked up to the chair and pulled it back to sit. I sat up as well instead of slouching while she placed the file that she had brought with her to the side of the table. She must need something but seeing my state, deemed it unimportant.

She didn't say anything, just sat back and waited for me to spill the beans over my sour mood. I took a moment to debate for it seemed that I always went to her with my problems, but then just as quickly called myself stupid for thinking it would be a bother to her. I could always tell her just about anything.

"I'm an idiot."

She let out a chortle, "I could've told you that a long time ago."

I gave her a pointed look for her snarky and unnecessary comment, but nevertheless continued, "It's like my brain shuts off when it comes to Khushi."

"That it does."

I gave in to my agitation a little, "Can you let me finish without all your inline comments?"

She chuckled, but instead of surrendering, she went on to finish for me. "Arnav, the reason your brain shuts off is because when it comes to her, you automatically start thinking with your heart. And that's a good thing. Why are you frowning over it?"

"Because! I do stupid things that piss her off." After the quick exclamation, I sighed. "Why is it that we'll have a few perfect days and then we slip again? It's a constant roller-coaster."

She leaned forward to gently explain, "All relationships have ups and downs, Arnav. It's just the way it is. You learn to navigate around it and find a balance that works. You need to turn to each other at such times. Talk and figure things out instead of turning away from each other and letting it drag on."

"She got mad at me and left before I could."

"Then don't just talk. Get her to listen."

"You don't think I tried?"

"Nope," she blatantly expressed her disbelief. "If you were actually trying, you'd have succeeded because the guy who is my best friend doesn't know how to take no for an answer from anyone. But this guy in front of me is slumping his shoulder like he's already defeated, and I don't know that loser."

I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration. "Yeah, okay. I get it. I need to try harder. Anyway, you needed something?"

She quickly switched to her work hat. "Actually, yes. I was doing some opposition research. And, you know what they say. If you can't beat them, join them."

I've always trusted her business advice. "What do you have in mind?"

She turned the file she had brought with her and forwarded it. I took it as she explained, "Irani house. As you know, they are very well established in the industry, and they are also heavily known for their textile industry. Only in the last forty years or so have they put their foot into designing and it might seem like a lot, but compared to how long their textile plant has been on the forefront, it's considerably young. Now, normally, I wouldn't suggest a collaboration with them, but yesterday at the launch, I saw their representative. Usually I'd know everyone there, but yesterday, there was a guy whom I have never come across at any events."

I cut in, starting to catch up on where her thought process is headed, "Naturally you looked him up."

"Naturally. His name is Samar Irani."

I lifted my head from reading the file where she had projected graphs and pie charts of their company figures from the past five years. I noted the last name she took. "Grandson? I thought he was based in the States."

"Not anymore," she confirmed. "Looks like the heir is here and for whatever reason, they're keeping it hush-hush for now. I say he's too young to be taking over, but if there is going to be a change in power anytime soon, then now is the best chance for us. If he personally visited the launch, then I say we're already on their radar and we need to milk it for what it's worth."

I nodded convinced by her spiel. A chance like this could be what is needed to take our fashion house to the next level. With Anjali di returning to designing, it works out perfectly. To impress someone of their caliber, we would need her. I closed the file, keeping it with me to study in depth at a later time. Meanwhile, I suggested, "Have Aman put together everything on them. Everything. Even the smallest detail can help seal the deal."

"You got it," she stood and having her green light, walked out to attend to next order of business.

As for me, I needed to sort this thing with Khushi. First, I needed to figure out the how.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

| . . . A U T H O R - N O T E . . . |

Short update, but a quick new addition. Just to remind them that the Shyam fear is still lingering around somewhere.

Will update again very soon !