I excused myself and walked over to Aman. "Aren't you going to ask her for a dance?"

"Who?"

"Me." I answered sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Anjali, ofcourse!" Aman choked on a sip of drink. I laughed at his shock, "Hey, don't look that surprised. I've been noticing how you have been staring at her the whole night, and then in Rome as well. You were definitely happy she joined, and more so when tonight she announced she was returning."

Aman shook his head, "You're crazy, Khushi. I'm happy from a professional front."

I rolled my eyes at his lie. "And I'm Jennifer Lopez."

"Khushi, stop jumping to conclusions. Anjali does not like me."

I grinned. "So you admit you like her?"

Aman was baffled at first, caught in his own words, and eventually sighed. "Yes. Shit, I haven't even told Arnav about it. If he found out, he would fire me, make me homeless, and skin me alive. In no particular order, mind you."

I laughed at his innocence as well as exaggeration, "Oh, Aman. How are you that naïve? If he were to do something like that, he would already have." Aman looked further bewildered, his eyes questioning if I meant what he was thinking I meant. "Yup, pretty sure he knows about it already. How can you think he wouldn't know anything related to his sister?"

I have seen him with Kripa and Aaron. No doubt he would know everything pertaining to Anjali as well.

Aman chuckled, feeling stupid himself. "I should have known. He makes it his priority to keep track of everything related to her."

I nodded, "He does, but we are getting off-topic. Go; ask her for a dance. Today's the perfect occasion."

I had to push him to listen to me. He glared at that, but went up to her nonetheless. Atleast he made it out like I was forcing him, but deep down, he wanted a dance with her too. He was just a little insecure and afraid of taking a chance. I watched as he approached Anjali and hesitantly asked. A smile spread on Anjali's face as she placed her hand in his. He led her to the center.

Having accomplished that, I set my heart to gather courage to do the same myself. It was either now or never. I approached Arnav. "Hi." I meekly whispered as he watched his sister and Aman dance to a soft, romantic song, sitting with Aarav on his lap and Lavanya next to him with Annie.

Just one look and for me, it felt like he was staring right into my soul. I gulped and he grew concerned, "What is it?"

I briefly closed my eyes before reopening them and spoke to Aarav, "Hey kiddo, do you think you could go sit with your mom for a few minutes?"

Muffling a yawn, he asked, "Why?"

Ofcourse he demands an answer for making him move from his cozy spot.

Here goes. "So I can dance with your dad?"

The duo stared at me as if I were an alien. Gone was the sleep on Aarav's face. Jee, dramatic much, kid?

Arnav asked for a repeat, not believing it. "What did you just say?"

I sighed, "Don't make me say it again, please."

Aarav grinned and crawled down from his leg and grabbed Arnav's hand to pull him up. "Daddy, looks like your wish is fulfilled tonight."

"Aarav." Arnav gritted his name in a groan, making me grin again. He might not be a fan of Aarav spilling his secrets, but I definitely was.

It looked like even though he was just a child, Arnav talked to him a lot more openly than he probably did with anyone else - I didn't even know when he found the time to bond with him, but I was glad to see what a wonderful relationship they were sharing already, as if no matter what parts of Arnav's lives were complicated, Aarav was one such part of his life he had done everything right by.