Chapter 4

"From now on you will only respond to us with, yes Sir/no Sir. We work as a team here. Everyone will respect each others personal belongings. Say aye sir!!"

"AYE SIR!"
It would take some time for the recruits to adapt to being told what they could do and what they couldn't ,when they could go to the toilet or take a break. The recruits had no say in what they could and could not do,they were demanded to follow orders and regulations.

If any of the recruits chose not to continue they could leave whenever they wanted.

"Now march down to the gymnasium.
Left,left,left,right,left."

The recruits marched down to the gymnasium and stood In four consecutive lines next to each other.
Sergeant Curt then called upon 4 drill instructors but all together there would be 5 drill instructors training the recruits.

Drill instructor Steve,Charlie,Kate and Amy.
The four drill instructors took the oath to lead and take care of the recruits.

The recruits then took a oath.
"I (recruits name)promise to do my best. To overcome my weaknesses and if I am unable to overcome the weakness I will inform the drill instructor. I will do my level best and hope to become a honourable marine to serve my country."
They read it from a formal document first which they signed after reading it.

The recruits were then taken back to the yellow footprints to start the Physical Fitness Test. After doing the Fitness Test they would be ranked and put into groups. Each group would have a drill instructor. Since there were 20 recruits,each group would consist of five members therfore there would be five groups. If one recruit desired to achieve better and to get a better rank they would have to work hard and show the drill instructors.

Taylors POV
All I wanted was to be in group 2.
We started off with a 1.5 mile run. I paced myself properly so I was going a steady pace. I could see some people who started off sprinting starting to walk and fall behind. Charlize and I kept a steady pace and reached the end of the 1.5 mile easily. I was the 6th person to finish while Charlize came 10th.

I felt a sense of remorse for the girl who came last. After the run we walked to the hanging bars. The boys had to do twelve pull ups while the girls had to stay in a flex arm position and hang for however many seconds they were able to.

Now I was a good runner but my upper body strength was another story. My poor spaghetti looking arms hung on for dear life. I dropped down at 20 seconds but I sure wasn't the first one. I was the 6th one out of the 20 female recruits,which may I add I was quite embarrassed.

Then we had to do sit-ups and push-ups however many we could within a minute.
I did the 4th most sit ups but for the push-ups I did the 12th most. I didn't know what my rank would be but I still hoped it wouldn't be too bad and that I would be in the second group.

We all had passed the fitness test.The instructors went off to sort out ranks and groups. While we walked to weaponry safety class.
Yes there are classrooms here,and we need to learn skills to be sure that we know what we are doing so we do not cause any accidents while practicing or when we are on the actual battle field.

I sat down in the second row and Mr Thomas started the first chapter on weapons. Here we were shown different types of guns,one of the best things here was that we could see some of the actual weapons infront of us and then we'd be able to go back in our text books to revise for a test.
We learnt about the common types of weapons and what they were used for and how to use them for one and a half hours.

Then we were whisked off to basic history. Basic history was well boring,I was never a big fan of history. I mean learning about wars and battles were okay but i did not expect to go into so much detail to why they were fought or how they were fought. Once the buzzer rang signalling the end of class we were given half an hour break. Which was under stable after learning for three hours and exercising for two.

During this half an hour break we were allowed to go to the toilets and rest for a bit. We weren't really allowed to go to the toilets during a lesson or during practice.

Just before the short break ended we were each given a bottle with our surname on as a official welcome to the camp.

We were heading out again to sheltered side across the field. It was called the sand dome by most of the people here since it was a big area like a gymnasium except the floor was sand and the shade was netting nailed into poles stretched across the area,it was in the shape of a huge rectangle. In the middle the ground was higher and cemented so the drill instructors could show us the movements. The sand dome was for martial arts skills training. Martial arts skill training would help us fight against an enemy during hand to hand combat especially when ammunition was finished or scarce.

We had to partner up with a person,so since Charlize was the only person I knew we automatically stood together

For this lesson we only had to observe what drill instructor Amy and Kate were doing. Something seemed a little off with Amy.

Amy kept on stuttering and taking deep breaths. Some words she would repeat.
We all just thought she was nervous since it was her first year being a drill instructor. Amy looked sweet and kind but she could yell for a short girl,she looked round about 23 and 5'1 ish if someone stood by her.

Amy was showing us how to squeeze a person around their neck so due to the lack of oxygen they would they would not die but pass out for a couple of minutes.
She demonstrated it with Kate but didn't actually squeeze the oxygen out of her. After she showed us and we mimicked the movements on our partners we saw her drop to the ground and her body started shaking violently.

The poor girl was having a seizure. We all stayed in our places while the drill instructors put her into a recovery position so that she would not break bones or cause damage to herself.

Her arm wasn't looking to good since it was bent in a weird angle and she had bruise forming on her for head since she fell face forward.

Once her body had calmed down from the seizure,the drill instructors took her to the infirmary. We all just kept practicing the movements we were shown the buzzer then rang and we left,going straight to eat lunch.

I could actually get used to this place it was nice, we got our meals three time a day and there were vending machines if we wanted a snack during breaks.

Lunch lasted about an hour. It was 15:00 now when lunch service ended.
During medical help class we learnt the basics about applying pressure to heavy bleeding wounds and helping someone if they've gone through a trauma experience or if they are having a melt down.

We watched a couple of videos which helped us understand what to do and highlighted the important factors and steps in our notes.

This carried on for two hours. Last hour of the day we spent doing push ups,jump rope,sit ups, and 1km run. In the last couple of minutes we were introduced to Spencer Carlin our new drill instructor who would be replacing Amy. Spencer was tall and gorgeous. Her brunnete hair was in tight bun and her bright blue eyes looked pretty from a distance. I think she noticed my staring and for a quick moment our eyes connected.

Drill instructor Amy was no where to be seen she was probably still resting resting and would be sent home to recover from her injuries.

After eating dinner,I showered quickly,ugh I stunk of sweat. I then lay on my bed for a bit which resulted in me falling asleep. When I woke up it was 20:30. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my dirty laundry and grumpily walked to the laundry cussing myself out for falling asleep.
I opened the door and did not expect anyone to be here in the laundry room at this hour I guess I was wrong.

《《《《《《《》》》》》》》
AUTHORS NOTE
hello I'm low key shocked that people are reading and that a really nice person even gave me votes so thank you sooooo much.

And Ashley is now Spencer.
Spencer and Taylor sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g.
Yeah it just sounds nicer.So yeah the main character Ashleys name has been changed to Spencer.
Thank you for the support pls vote and u guys can msg me if u want a plot twist n stuff like that.