Chapter 1

The day had begun, the last day of my high school career. Waking up at 4am in the morning is not what most people enjoy but I had to since I was the captain of the running team. This would be the last day as captain,the last time I got to lead and run with all the runners from the juniors to the seniors.

It was the usual for me everyday except for Sunday's that was the only day out of the school term we had to ourselves so we could relax and let our aching muscles rest.

When I had finally reached school,I was overwhelmed to see that non of the my teammates had ditched the last day of school but were here for me,wearing our teams blue shirts and had little gift bags in their hands for me.

Everyone hugged and gave me words of motivation and wished me luck for what my future held for me.

After practice we had the awards ceremony where we got our certificates and I too got my bachlors certificate to enter university.

One thing for sure I wasn't going to go to university but I was going to join the marine corps. I was going to leave a life of abuse and anger behind so I could start fresh and live the life I want to.

At the end of the school day I gave my thank you speech for being the headgirl. I had mentioned that I was thankful for each and every single one of my friends and without them I wouldn't have survived till this day. Thanks to them I shaped myself into a leader even though my home life was not the ideal place for a child to grow up.

I was legal age now and I could leave my father behind according to the law. I did not need him any longer in my life than he had already spent abusing and cussing me out. Thank God for the Marine Corps,I no longer had to worry about my future. I had to work to be apart of the marines But it would be worth it considering the benefits I got with being a marine.

As I packed my bag that night and went to bed early. I mentally prepared myself for waking up early so I could leave to the station,hop on a train to get to Reich street and then on to the Basic training bus that would take me and other future marines to boot camp.

I then grabbed my notebook and started writing a letter addressed to my father.

Dear Father
I have finished my schooling and achieved remarkably.

I have lived with you,your wife and your dying mother for eighteen years but today is the last day I stay here under this houses roof and eat the food at the dinner table. I shall no longer stay within this house nor shall I be apart of the Laross family as I have taken a New name and I will live a life, a life that I have dreamed to have since I was fourteen when the abuse and sickness within this family began.

I bid you farewell and the best for your future. Do not come looking for me or threaten me in any way, I am no longer a underage defenseless child if I want I could sue you and get you put in jail.

Taylor.
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\

After writing the letter, I went to eat dinner. While I served dinner to
my father,his wife and mother I took a good look at them since this would be hopefully be the last time I ever saw them in my life again.

My father was seated with an emotionless face, you could see he was aging as his long beard had many white hairs that were visible to the naked eye.
His round belly stuck out it was easy to see that this man loved his food.
He is a hard headed and highly hot tempered human being. He showed no remorse when he beat me,he was a dictator with no heart. He was a man with a cold iron heart,unhappy with life. Upset that God had given him a child who was not a boy but a girl who would not be able to carry the family name.

His wife was seated opposite him, she was what you could call the evil step mother and a leech who loved to use my fathers wealth. She was chubby and no longer looked her age, it was after my father and her got married she started to abuse the money my father provided for her. She was no good for me all she did was got me I'm trouble.

As for the grandmother. She sat at the table. Anyone could see that she was sick and reaching the calling of her death any time soon from a mile away. She for one had given me good and bad memories but I would not miss her as she too had hurt me countless times.

After I had served the vegetable stir fry with rice I sat down and started to eat. I ate in silence while my dad and his wife conversed about their day. It was as if his mother and I never existed. I only existed for him when he wanted to show me off to his business partners or for when he had a bad day and needed to take it out on someone by yelling,insulting and cussing to make himself feel better.

The last day in that house went peacefully. I was ignored and kept out of the conversion which I was thankful for. Once I had washed the dinner plates and took a nice relaxing shower I went to bed for once with a smile plastered upon my face.

______________________________________
authors note
Now wasn't that kinda spicy for the first chapter.
Tell me what you think.
I know it's a short chapter but I promise the chapters will start becoming longer and more spicy.
Stay safe
Stat awesome
Taylor
XXXXXXXXXXX
should I continue?