The Party (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I turned away from him, not really knowing where I would go since I did not know anyone around here, but his hand grabbed my wrist.

His warm grip caused butterflies to explode in the pit of my stomach but I quickly composed myself and turned around, ready to snap at him but he did something unexpected--

He lifted my hand up to his lips.

I stopped breathing, thinking that he was about to kiss it but he brought it infront of his face and just looked at it.

I followed his gaze in confusion and found the red mark from yesterday still slightly visible if looked closely.

"Does it still hurt?" He asked.

I bit my lip as I found his eyes lingering across my wrist with an unexpected emotion--guilt?

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine."

He lifted his gaze up and a frown took over his handsome face but he nodded and released his grip.

I was bothered by the loss of contact but I quickly brought my hand to my side and looked down at the floor.

Hmm. Nice flooring.

"Scarlet?"

"Hm?"

"Look at me."

I looked up at him. "What?"

"I know I was a jerk to you yesterday," He started and my jaw dropped. Did he just admit his mistake?

"And I know it was wrong to....you know," He shrugged. "Control you, as you put it," He rolled his eyes while I narrowed mine for a moment.

"But can you not see it? You always end up doing something stupid out of impulse."

I raised a brow at him.

"That's right. See for yourself. I don't mean to point this out right now but-" He paused and took a step in my direction so my body was in contact with his torso and his breath was fanning my cheek.

"Your dress is damn distracting," He whispered in a husky voice.

My heart skipped a beat and my eyes grew wide as I looked up into his eyes, which were holding an intensity that made me weak in the knees.

My mouth went dry when his eyes fell down to my lips and I parted them slightly.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

His blue orbs flashed with anger as he lifted them to meet my gaze.

"All the fucking horny dogs in this hall had their eyes on you the moment you stepped in through those double doors," He gritted his teeth.

A tingle ran down my spine at his words and before I could stop them, the words slipped out of my mouth.

"What about you?"

He seemed to be captured in a daze for a moment before he blinked away and the corners of his lips tugged up into a smirk. "Wouldn't you like to know, Mrs. Sinclair?"

Chills ran down my spine when he called me that. Am I always going to react this way?

I crossed my arms over my chest and pressed my lips into a thin line. "Enlighten me, Mr. Sinclair."

I immediately regretted my words as his eyes darkened and turned to that of a predator as he reached for me--

"Mr. Sinclair," We both turned to the source of voice.

A few men were walking up in our direction. They weren't wearing their masks and I recognized them from the meeting.

Uh! Perfect timing, amigos.