5. office scandal

🚨

"I cannot believe we're doing this," Ryan grumbles again as we approach the restaurant, kicking a pebble on the sidewalk as he keeps his head down, hands in his pockets

"I don't think we'll do it for long. Harry got us into this, he should be able to get us out," I assure him, having faith in my boyfriend.

Ryan opens the front door of the restaurant for me to enter, slouching in behind me as we head for the kitchen.

I'd do anything to spend time with Harry, but I'll gladly pass on working in a restaurant.

"He better get us out of it, I did not ask to work at a restaurant, let alone with whoever that idiot last night was that treated me like shit— oh, and speak of the devil," Ryan bids a fake smile as Caleb comes our way with two black waist aprons in hand, a smirk on his lips.

"Morning newbies, here's this," he tosses them over at us. "Go put your belongings in the kitchen, then you can join the others in cleaning and prepping tables, got it?"

"Oh joy, I love being on cleaning duty," Ryan feigns sincerity, holding the apron dear to his chest.

"You look like you fit the part too, now get to work."

I hear my friend mumbling curses at Caleb while we enter the kitchen, opening the door to see many cooks at work prepping their cooking stations, a buzz of chatter in the room until a familiar voice is raised, silencing every single open mouth.

"Do you guys call spotted glasses clean?"

Harry's ring-clad fingers raise a glass up to his eye, twirling it as he glares at the spots on it. He's standing near the sink, scowling at the item, then at his staff. He is the only one not wearing work attire, but rather dressed in dress pants and a button up that if I look closely upon, I can see hints of his tattoos.

"Boss is stressed today," I hear Caleb whistle behind us, passing us to go to a cooking station and sharpen knives.

"Wash all the fucking glasses with spots again and dry them, is that clear?" He detests, shoving the glass over to someone right in their chest and marching away from them, his roaring, commanding attitude resonating with us all.

I had never seen him mad in such a boss type of way, and it was kind of a turn on.

"Why do I kind of want him to yell in my face a little bit?" Ryan remarks in a questioning tone into my ear, understanding exactly what I'm feeling.

The two of us try to refrain from snickering at the thought of Harry doing that, until we notice Caleb's narrowed eyes for us to keep quiet.

"You and you," Harry calls over to us with that strong tone of his, curling his finger for us to come over and follow him to some closet.