Teddy Lupin x Reader

Start from the beginning

The game finally comes to a stop when the train stops. The brakes screech and the entire vehicle lurches. You aren't expecting it and in the sudden stop you're thrown forward. Your arms flail in the air and you tumble to the floor of the train car. 

You lay still as the train continues to slow and stops at Kings Cross Station. You're breathing heavily and staring wide eyed at your boyfriend. He can't stop laughing. He's holding his stomach and doubling over. His eyes are closed and he can't see your deathly glare. 

Heather says a quick goodbye between giggles, quickly grabbing her trunk before you can get off the floor. Smart. Teddy remains, either because he's too stupid to run while he still can or too kind to leave you alone on the floor. 

You hoist yourself up and brush off your clothes. There isn't any dust on them but it seems the appropriate thing to do while you wait for him to stop laughing. You pull your trunks off their storage above. Their so heavy they clank to the floor and you're not strong enough to stop gravity completely. 

You're on the second suitcase when Teddy finally stands up straight and wipes away the tears under his eyes.

He meets your eyes and lets out a quiet skwak. Whether it's from laughter or terror you can't tell. He slumps over dramatically and hangs his head. 

"I'm getting the trunks aren't I?"

"That's so sweet of you to offer Teddy, thank you!" You congratulate him with a pat on the cheek and he gives you a sarcastic smile before heaving the remaining suitcases from the metal grate above. 

You smile brightly at him as he hands you your two trunks, showing every one of your teeth. He sticks his tongue out at you. 

"Are you gonna act like this all week?" He asks as you both navigate the train full of people all trying to maneuver around each other. You look over your shoulder at him.

"Like what my dear?" You smile as wide as you can. "I'm just so fabulously overjoyed to be spending the holiday with you."

He rolls his eyes. "Okay, even that is a too much for you."

You can't help but laugh. "I'm honestly not sure what you expect from me anymore," You switch  back to your normal voice and cock an eye brow at him. The corner of your mouth turns up with your eyebrow. 

Your foot steps off the train and hits the cobblestone pavement, and suddenly you can't avoid your nerves anymore. It's not an apparition you can wish away. There are heads of red hair dancing in the crowd, so many of them you eyes can't avoid them no matter what direction you turn. Teddy isn't beside you anymore and there's a moment of panic where your blood runs cold and you can feel the color draining from your face. 

Then he's next to you again, smiling as always, like everything is normal. You think to yourself, this is his normal. He goes home to them every year. He banters with war heroes and plays in the backyard with professional Quidditch players. 

"There you are," You whisper under your breath. You don't look up at him but you know he's there. You know he's looking the same place you are, at the crowd of red-headed people who's headed right towards you.

Teddy hears you take in a deep breath. "You're not going into battle (Y/N), don't be so tense."

He smiles like it's a joke but then his hand is holding yours where it rests against your trunk and you know he knows you're scared. "They're going to love you. After all, they put up with me all the time. It'll be a walk in the park for you."

You're about to respond, but then you're swarmed. Your hand disconnects from Teddy but your head is too flustered to notice. You can hardly keep count of all the faces coming at you.