Tom Riddle x Sara

(Requested by: @YOLOgirlxx) (A/N Despite my doubts about a Tom Riddle oneshot, I enjoyed writing this unique situation. I hope you enjoy!)
P.O.V Sara

I would fight. Even if against the man I once loved.
I used to imagine how he looked after our school years. He absolutely disappeared. Not a speck of existence was left behind by him. Tom's entire dorm was emptied of his belongings and not even his dorm mates remembered him. An obvious sign of magic, Tom was always good with magic. But my memory was still there. I half hated him for it. He left me in my sorrow, to stay here without him, to watch as my friends no longer remembered the love of my life.

In my last year of Hogwarts, I stopped caring. I took minimal classes and squirmed by with barely passing grades. It didn't matter to begin with. None of it mattered. It was all a distracted, a frivolous adventure to distract our childish minds from our real purpose. This false society fabricated to make us believe we were something more. We made it without even thinking, just doing what our genetics trained us to do. Humans are selfish, vile creatures, and that was unavoidable.

Falling into a depression I was kicked out of Hogwarts. I knew they only kicked me out because I knew Tom. The teachers remembered him, I could see the fear in their eyes when I discussed him. Of course, they'd always send me to my dorm, keeping the façade that they couldn't remember them and deemed me insane. After Hogwarts I was only useful for one thing, war. It happened all over the wizarding world, even if it was kept secret from the people. I fought for almost 20 years. Even if this society was a collapsing, destructive, pile of horse shit, I had to defend it. The truth destroyed me, and I had to protect others from that horror. From the truth about the Russian wizards. From the truth about our subconscious nature. From the truth that my loving, intelligent, handsome, boyfriend had become the Dark Lord. I fought the dark lords of the world, until the day came for me to fight the most evil of them. I truly believed he was evil and I hated myself for it. He was a good man at heart, but the society around me convinced me otherwise.

I fought alongside Harry Potter, the murderer of my love. After Tom, I refuse still to call him Voldermort, tried to kill Harry, he died. His soul may reside still, even in pieces, but that was not Tom. I was sure Tom was gone, and the destroyed, deformed body that was left was only a mold society had forced him to be. I had to fix the problem, and the only way to do that was to destroy one of the sides. Society or... Tom. As much as I hated it, stopping Tom was the only plausible option, and the only way to stop him was sadly this war.

The Battle of Hogwarts they called it. Named after the building Tom hated most, but he still loved it all the same. Tom was complex, but isn't everyone. I loved him, I really did, and know I was fighting him. I hid in the towers, I flew through the skies on brooms, I took down trolls, I brought down walls on death eaters. I fought. Any way they told me to, I fought. I didn't think twice about it. I guess I was too well trained as a soldier.

I brought down Death Eater after Death Eater, filling their dark cloaks with mystical light. I avoided the center of the battlefield, I couldn't face Tom. But I would make sure it didn't come down to that. As I brought down the opposing army, I began to pay more attention. No spells were fired at me, just occasional spells that had missed their targets, but even then I was blocked from those spells. I had just assumed it was the mass amounts of students and teachers protecting me at the last minute. But when I was isolated from the rest of my side and a Death Eater shot a killing curse at me, I jumped to the side. Hitting the stone ground and seeing a burst of yellow light stopping the curse where I had once been standing. The Death Eaters were protecting me, and they even killed their own kind who had deliberately attacked me. 

"Fight me!" I screamed desperately, scrambling to my feet and facing a Death Eater without my wand. "Fight me and end this war! Win this war! You have to." I began to cry, my desperation and sadness that had built up since my years at Hogwarts. "End this society. Fix it! There's no other way."

He just stood there, not moving. His face emotionless as he watched me fall apart. "At least end me." I said quietly, almost whispering. I hadn't even known were the thought came from, but it was there. A ray of hope in this dark community. A ray of hope that Tom had once been for me. 

"What happened too you Sara?" An all too familiar voice said out of the emerging darkness of the empty hall. 

"What the hell Tom?" I screamed, happy and angry at the same time. "You just left me all alone you bloody wanker! You could have had the courtesy to wipe my memory too instead of leaving me all alone with no one to help me."

"I," Tom bowed his head sadly. His head was white and bald, his nose gone. It was not the Tom I knew, but there were still traces of his past self that you loved. A flicker of innocent mischief in his eyes. A sad smile on his lips worn away with time. "I couldn't bring myself to do it you."

"But you could do it to my friends. Did you not see the consequences? They don't talk to me anymore! They think I'm insane! They tried to put me in Azkaban, they thought I was obsessed with you."

"But you were." He said with a familiar sly smirk, a sarcastic smile he used so rarely it was pleasant to see even on his devilish white face.

"Those days are over. It's been over a decade. I've grown," I spat angrily. "I've grown out of you."

"But I haven't grown out of you," He said, sadly glancing into my eyes with desperate hope. "I still love you."

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Even the Tom Riddle, the infamous Voldermort, magically incapable to love another had his curse broken by love. Even the war torn Sara, the deemed insane, the depressed, the falling apart, was cured by love. A love that had lasted through war, distance, and even death. A love that wasn't stopped even in the afterlife. A love between a hellbent man, and a determined to cure the world woman. Through all of the wars she'd withstood, destruction wasn't the cure she sought. Even if she hadn't known it or wanted to believe it, she'd stayed in love through decades of horror. And it truly was the cure of all of her troubles.