Chapter 15

Marinette's POV

My head hurt, but I heard Adrien's voice. It was calling out to me, it almost sounded like a plea for me to come back to them. But I was so comfortable in this position. Then there was shaking and movement. But I don't want to get up.

"M'lady! Please!" It sounded like Adrien was crying now. Please don't cry.

"Nonono! M'lady!" He was bawling now, but it was comfortable. 

"Sir, be careful. She's still there. She's not gone. I can sense her trying to reach us." Wayzz spoke, and I was, indeed, trying to speak.

"He-lp." I managed to get out, but then my voice felt cut off.

"Ladybug! Hold on a bit longer. This Peon won't last much longer. You-" Adrien was cut off.

I couldn't hear him anymore. It was replaced with a feminine voice telling me to join her. The offer was tempting, in the sense that I wouldn't have to feel caged, but Chat needed me. But the lady persisted with her offer, and I almost fell to her will in order for her to stop.

"You heard my answer, Peon. I am not joining you, and you aren't aggravating besides talking in my head like Hawkmoth does. "

"But I am not Hawkmoth, Ladybug. I am better than him in more than one way. Join me." She persisted with the same tone and offer.

"I am not joining you. That's final."

"Then I'll make you." And the voice was gone and the headache I had gone away.

"M'lady?" I heard Chat speak, holding me close to him. There were two others, as well. It was Alya as Volpina and the other superheroine. Both of them looked highly concerned. What for? Me?

"Chat, I think she's gone. The pounding and the voice are gone." I replied, and Chat squeezed me tightly. 

"That's good, for now. You were like that for half an hour. By the way, this is Volpina and Queen Bee, our new partners." Chat pointed to both of them accordingly.

"At least we have help. Ow!"  I tried to walk forward and received a sharp pain in my left ankle. In return, I fell a little, but Chat caught me mid-fall.

"You ankle, it's sprained." Queen Bee spoke after a quick look at it.

"Dang it. Sorry guys, I can't help. You guys go try and stop Hawkmoth. Chat, you too. I'll stay here and get the other villains, whose akumas need to be purified."

"I am not leaving you, M'lady. You guys good by yourselves?" Chat spoke, still holding me close to him.

"Yeah, you can take care of her. Call us when you guys are done. I will send our location." Colpina spoke and Queen Bee agreed by nodding. After that, they jumped away for their hunt for Hawkmoth.

"Chat, I am just holding you back," I spoke after they left.

"Holding me back? No, you are not. Not once will you ever hold me back from anything. Ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"To kick some butt, obviously."

"I guess."

Chat used my yo-yo to move us forwards. The victims were still dazed from when we were last there. After setting me down, he broke the items that held the akumas. I, in turn, purified the akumas. On the last one, I tried to stand but fell back to the floor.

"Don't try to stand," Chat spoke, picking me up.

"If you have to run, leave me behind. I'm just a dead weight."

"Stop thinking like that. Maybe when you use Lucky Charm and throw it into the air, your foot will heal. Don't try it now, though."

"I won't, but I doubt it would heal me.  Probably better to be hospitalized rather than relying on something we're not sure will work."

Chat sighed, " I know, probably false hope. Let's get to Queen Bee and Volpina and help them fight Hawkmoth. If we're lucky, then they will still be looking for him. I've never truly understood why my father wanted to have all the miraculouses, mainly ours."

"I don't know. And hopefully, they are still searching for him." I replied, and Chat jumped up onto a nearby rooftop and started to run...

A/N

Sorry about these past few weeks. I had band camp and had to prepare for school, which started this past Wednesday. I will, hopefully, be on the schedule normally by mid-September.