Lorelai shook her head "I'm sorry, Dad, how do you mix up Anton and Sophia?"

He frowned "What do you mean?"

"Well, one is a man and one is a woman."

"And your point being?" He raised an eyebrow.

Lorelai blinked as Hayden hid her smile "That one is a man and one is a woman."

Richard sighed "I have a lot to do in a day, Lorelai, I don't have time to keep up with a multitude of people that your mother employs."

"But one is a man and one is a woman." Lorelai continued, ignoring her father's glare and Rory's sigh before she smiled as the cook brought out their dessert, a homemade chocolate cake "The dinner was so wonderful, Mira."

She looked to her with a frown "It's Sarah."

Hayden snorted, covering her mouth with her hand to hide her chuckle as her mother flummoxed "Oh, I-I'm sorry."Nashe watched the cook head back to the kitchen, unimpressed and whirled to her mother "Mom! Her name is Sarah!"

Emily shrugged "I thought she said Mira."

Seeing their mother about to lose it, Rory was quick to step in and change the conversation "Hey, Grandma, these plates are really pretty."

"Thank you, Rory." Emily beamed "They're from your great-grandmother."

"Lorelai the first." Richard added.

Hayden's eyebrow's raised "I thought Mom was the first."

"Not in the name." Emily smiled sarcastically.

"No, but in so many other things I was a regular trailblazer." Lorelai continued before raising an eyebrow at her mother's unimpressed stare "Just finishing your thought, Mom."

Richard cleared his throat "Lorelai the first is my mother. She's an extremely accomplished equestrian, a distinguished patron of the arts, and also world-famous for her masquerade balls. She's quite a woman, my mother."

"Yes she is." Emily spat out "Mira, come cut the cake please!"

Lorelai rolled her eyes "Yes, and why don't you bring Sarah out here with you?"

Emily pursed her lips "So, how are things at that charming little inn of yours?"

Lorelai subtley rolled her eyes at her mother's patronising tone "Mm, they're still charming and little. We're just crossing our fingers it doesn't assert itself and become rude and large."

Rory cracked a grin "Mom's having a huge wedding there next week."

"Really?"

Hayden nodded at her grandmother with a proud beam "Yeah, actually there's people coming from all over the country. You should see how great it looks."

"Well, isn't that nice?" Emily hummed before turning to look between her granddaughters "Girl's, how's Chilton?"

"Okay, done with me now." Lorelai muttered.