Chapter 5 - The Confirmation

Kiri's POV

The Next Morning

I woke up surrounded by my reverse harem. By that, I mean Keith was holding me by the waist, Roberto was holding my hand, Glenn was passed out on my couch, Wilfred was on the other side of Keith, Edward was next to Roberto, and Joshua was on the floor hugging my half-full vodka bottle like it was a teddy bear.

My head ached from the half-bottle of vodka I had had last night, and I was getting hot from being so close to so many bodies. I got drunk, but I couldn't keep my mind off of what that bodyguard had said. My father is Damian Vittori? Improbable.

I somehow managed to pry my way out of the bed. Grabbing my uniform, I scurried to the bathroom to change. I didn't really have time to do my make up or anything, so I just braided my hair and twisted it into a low bun. Sneaking out of my room, I left the princes asleep.

I ate a quick breakfast and then took a coffee cart to the dinning room. I must be really lucky because I didn't see Prime Minister Vittori at the table. I did, however, see the king and queen of Phillip and Claude.

"Miss Kiri," Claude whispered to me after I finished serving the coffee and went to stand by him. "His highness seems to be missing. Would you happen to know where he is?"

"My room," I reply simply. Claude was there the night my mother died, and he spent the night comforting me with Wilfred, so it doesn't surprise him that Wilfred spent the night with me again. In fact, I'd be surprised if he didn't know how rough last night was for me; Claude is attentive like that. After a few minutes, Jan, Joshua's butler, enters the room and stands next to me.

"Miss Kiri, why is Prince Joshua sleeping on your floor holding a bottle of vodka?"

"He took it from me because I drank half of it and was getting tipsy," I whispered, not wanting them to know how drunk I got last night. He said nothing before leaving again. That was when the prime minister arrived.

He was tall and imposing. Years of life showed on his face, yet he didn't look old. His face was hard yet gentle, and he seemed to bear the weight of the world on his shoulders. He didn't see me as he sat and began eating his breakfast. Was this man really my father?

I managed to sneak out to get more coffee...only to be caught by one of his bodyguards again.

"Miss Dubois, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to speak with you." He spoke softly, as if I was a frightened rabbit.

"I was just headed back to the kitchen, sorry." I started walking away with my cart.

"You can join her," Claude (who followed me out) says before walking in the opposite direction to go find Wilfred. Damn sadist.

I was then followed to the kitchen where this man, Katsuragi, starts explaining that I need to hear him out.

"Are you always this persistent?" I ask as I brew a fresh pot of coffee and some tea. He doesn't say anything as I continue. "Does he know about me?"

"Yes, ma'am, and he wants to meet you formally." He says.

"Fine. Get him to agree to a paternity test, and I'll meet him." I chewed my lip as I placed the coffee and tea on my cart along with some extra cups. He left without another word, and I didn't see him for another hour.

Damian Vittori's POV

When Katsuragi told me I had a daughter, I couldn't believe it. There was no way I could have a child...unless...Valarie...

I must have looked at her picture a million times, and the more I looked, the more I saw. She had my eyes and Valarie's cheekbones. We had the same smile. How could I have missed It? She was literally in front of me two days ago when I stupidly dropped my teacup. Then I saw her again at the ball. She looked like a vision, and I had to stop myself from running to her. I felt so lost for a moment and didn't know how to respond. Not to mention, I didn't like seeing her surrounded by so many men, even if they are princes. She's still my little girl! What am I saying? She's a stranger.