Chosen From The Audience

Start from the beginning

"That was insane," he simply said.

"I think I'm going to wake up with bruises tomorrow," you laughed.

"Me too."

Though the entrance was painful, you were both settled in the front. Now you just had to wait for the show to begin.

~~~~

Everyone on the far side of the crowd began screaming. You tried to look over and see what the fuss was about.

"What's everyone screaming about?" You asked someone next to you.

"The Royal Family is here!" They responded.

Your eyes widened as you looked up to see Princess Diana and Prince Charles waving to fans.

"Oh my goodness! This is totally wicked!" Your best friend screamed.

"I know! We get to see Michael Jackson and The Royal Family in one night!"

The lights suddenly dimmed and the screen lit up. Everyone screamed at the top of their lungs. The show was starting.

A pair of legs wearing white socks and loafers walked across the screen. They moonwalked, spun, and stood on their toes. You screamed in excitement. Your idol was about to appear right in front of you.

The lights on the stage shifted and the outlines of five bodies appeared on the stage. You could tell that the one in the middle was Michael. You started sobbing before the music even started.

"Shut up!" Someone screamed at you.

You flipped them off and continued screaming.

The instrumental of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' began to play and the lights turned on. Michael was now visible to everyone. You nearly collapsed.

He and his backup dancers started the opening choreography. The audience screamed and danced to the beat. Michael started singing the lyrics with all his soul. His stage presence was unexplainable.

When This Place Hotel started playing, you screamed and danced to the beat. You loved this song and knew every lyric. He made his way back and forth, dancing across the stage. At one point, you thought he looked at you. There were thousands of people with you, but your neon outfit gave you hope of getting his attention. On top of that, you were front, center, and dancing your butt off. In awe, you continued to watch your idol boldly rule the stage.

During Another Part of Me, you jumped up and down with your best friend and a group of guys behind you. Michael looked in your direction again. Without thinking, you blew a kiss and signed "I love you" in sign language. He smiled and signed it back. It was so quick that only a few people caught it, including your best friend.

"Woah, what the hell! He saw you!" He screamed.

"I know!" You screamed back.

When Sheryl Crow entered the stage for I Just Can't Stop Loving You, you couldn't help the hint of jealousy in your gut. More than anything, you wanted to be onstage with Michael. Nevertheless, you sang along with all your heart.