"Thanks," I responded. "I appreciate it."

"Don't worry. I didn't read any of them." He assured me, even though it hadn't been a concern of mine. "Are you okay? You've been kind of... off recently." He observed, giving me an honest look.

I hesitated for a moment, but I eventually looked up into his awaiting eyes. "Can I ask you something?" I wondered gingerly.

"Of course." He responded willingly, extending his full attention.

I averted my eyes, staring at where the wood floors of my apartment met the linoleum of the hallway. "Do you ever wish your scars would just... disappear?" I asked carefully.

"Sometimes." He answered honestly. "But then I remember that they serve as reminders of the trials I've been through and the things I've overcome."

"But don't they bring back memories? Awful ones you just wanna forget?" I questioned, returning my gaze to his seafoam eyes.

"My scars remind me that I'm stronger than I used to be." He said firmly. "And yours will serve as a reminder of your bravery, strength, persistence, resilience... just a few things that make you who you are." he recited as if it was something he had read before. "And who you are is pretty amazing."

"Who's pretty amazing?" Another voice joined the conversation and I looked to the right of Oliver to spot Josh standing in the hall at the door. I gave a small smile in greeting while Oliver met Josh with what could only be described as an impatient glare. 

"Karter." Oliver answered, turning his line of sight back to me.

"She is pretty great, isn't she?" Josh agreed, looking to me, as well. "The Sentinel's lucky to have her." He mused.

Oliver rolled his eyes before clearing his throat. "Well, I should get going. I have to meet someone for lunch." Oliver said and began leaving down the hall.

"I get the strangest feeling that he doesn't particularly care for me," Josh said sarcastically after Oliver had turned the corner and disappeared from our lines of sight.

"He just... doesn't adjust well to new people." I reasoned and the explanation seemed to be good enough for Josh since he dismissed the matter.

"So, have you seen the news? The robbers hit Redwood United last night, just as we suspected. But the robbery was foiled by none other than–"

"The Arrow." I finished for him when he allowed me a scripted pause for audience participation.  I stepped out of the way of the door to let Josh in. He entered the apartment as he nodded.

"Yup. Turns out, it was a family committing the robberies. A man, his wife, and their two sons. The sons were high school dropouts."

"Sometimes I wonder how the Arrow figures all this stuff out," I said as I sat on the couch, Josh taking a seat next to me. I felt underdressed next to him since I was still in the clothes I was about to sleep in and he was in a pale blue button down and dark wash jeans. The shade of the shirt made his brilliant blue eyes even more prominent.

"I know how he figured out who the robbers were." He started, sliding off his jacket and draping it over the back of the couch. "There's some evidence missing from the police department, but there's no evidence of breaking and entering," Josh explained, his face excitedly animated. "Do you think he could be working with someone on the force who let him in?"

"No. Not the Arrow. He's made it clear he works alone." I refuted, remembering how adamant he had been every time I proposed I help him or known who he is. "I think he's just that good and just that smart." I decided and Josh didn't refute as he reached into his jacket pocket to grab his cell phone.