21. Rejection

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - O N E

REJECTION

////////////////////////

A/N: Woah... we're on chapter 21... and um... this is only episode 3 of 23...

"Huh? What do you think?" Oliver wondered excitedly as we stepped into the dusty remnants of his father's abandoned factory. It was dimly lit and smelled like smoke and dirt. I wrinkled my nose at the undesirable scent as I examined the building Oliver was leading me into. Diggle followed next to me, seeming equally as dubious about the venture. "Great place for a club, right?" He said, turning towards us, namely me.

"Oliver, I'm proud of your new... entrepreneurship, but a club? Here?" I said honestly, less than impressed by the cracked, dingy windows and broken beams overhead.

"Sure, it needs some... repairs, but once it's all fixed up, it'll be great. I'm thinking have the bar here, the DJ booth here, dance floor here. There's a private office upstairs and even a space that's perfect to make into a storage cellar." Oliver listed, gesturing to different features of the ghetto building.

"Oliver, are you sure you want to do this? You don't exactly have much experience in running... well, anything." I reminded him, but this didn't seem to make him rethink anything.

"Well, then I should do some research," Oliver responded. "Tommy and I are scoping out the competition tomorrow. There's a new club opening downtown. Poison, I think."

"Poison?" I repeated, raising my eyebrow. "Max Fuller owns that club."

"Wait, he does?" Oliver said, a little taken aback.

"Who's Max Fuller?" Dig wondered.

"A grade A dick that we used to be friends with. Oliver slept with his fiancee."

"To be fair, it was before the wedding," Oliver added.

"It was at the rehearsal dinner." I told Dig.

"Which is technically before the wedding! And besides, who stays mad at a castaway?" Oliver defended. "So, you in Katie? It'll be me, you, and Tommy. It'll be fun. Even if I'm the third wheel."

"Actually, Oliver... Tommy and I aren't together anymore." I said gingerly.

"Wait, you two broke up? When?"

"A few days ago."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's kind of... complicated." I alluded before quickly trying to change the subject. "Anyways, this place is definitely gonna need some major TLC if you want it to become a hit nightclub."

"So you do see potential in it?" He pressed teasingly.

I rolled my eyes. "With a lot of work and money, yeah. Maybe."

"Yes!" He cheered victoriously. "What do you think, Diggle."

"Oh, I'm just here to provide security to you and Miss Mitchell. I'm not here to give commentary and interior design advice." Dig shut down.

"Oh, come on, Dig. Speak freely. Humor me."

Dig sighed. "Well, this is the Glades. Your rich friend wouldn't come to this neighborhood on a dare."

"Well, I am Oliver Queen," Ollie said in a cocky tone. "I'm a bit of a local celebrity. People would stand in line for three hours if I opened a nightclub."

"And no one who lives in the Glades would see a penny of the cover charges," Dig added sharply, which Oliver responded too quickly, as if he had been expecting this retort.