C

The ambulance slowly disappeared into the night; it's boisterous sirens were now nothing but a small whisper in the distance, almost inaudible to the two men still standing there.
An awfully tense atmosphere surrounded them.

As much as Iceland wanted to run after his friend, be there for him and comfort him, he couldn't find himself able to tear his view from the other's intimidating glare. He shivered in angst and gulped hardly, not knowing what to say or even do.

After what seemed hours of continuous glares, the other decided to finally speak.

"....Who are you?" His equally intimidating voice did not make things easier for the frightened teen.

"...I'm... I-I'm Iceland" He squeaked as he fiddled around with his fingers to avoid feeling anxious; it wasn't really working in all honesty. After seeing the other remain silent, he decided to continue. "Y-Your b- .... Hong Kong's friend"

China started at him, puzzled and surprised, before chuckling half-heartedly at his ridiculous statement. "I'm having a hard time believing that, kid."

Ice was about to add something to his last sentence, but was quickly interrupted by the man.

"You know, the creep isn't much of a friend person, so why should I even believe you? How can I? Besides, if you really are his "friend", why weren't you here to stop this from happening? Where were you, actually? Why aren't you even with him right now? Instead, you're standing here, doing nothing, like the wimpy coward you are. I bet the reason all this happened was because of you, am I right? Such friend." The Chinese crossed his arms, awaiting an answer, but received none.  "That's what I thought. You're just like my sad, sad depressing excuse of a brother;  shit. You don't deserve friends, and he doesn't either. So do us both a favor and get the fuck out of here, alright?"

Iceland was boiling in anger.

"WHERE WAS I?  WHERE WERE YOU?! HE'S YOUR BROTHER. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF HIM, LOOK OUT FOR HIM-   AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, WHILE ALL THIS HAPPENED, I WAS WORRIED AS HELL, RUNNING OVER HERE IN THE FUCKING COLD. I CAME. I TRIED TO HELP. WHAT DID YOU DO? NOTHING! EVEN NOW, YOU'RE JUST STANDING HERE AND CRITICIZING ME, WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN GIVE A SINGLE SHIT ABOUT HIM! I THINK THE SHIT HERE IS YOU-"   The white haired teen snapped, releasing all his anger and frustration in a violent accusement towards the Asian.

At first, he felt relieved; so much time holding all that in was horrible. It felt great to finally let it all out, but as soon as he noticed China's angry butt face, he wished a giant truck could just fall from the sky and squash him out of existence.

Instead of standing there and waiting for whatever was going to happen to do so, he decided to do whatever any person with even a little common sense would

Run. The. Fuck. Away.

He did not waist a single second and dashed off as soon as he could, and surprisingly, China did not bother to chase back.

Iceland felt different. This was the first time he ever stood up for himself, and it felt so good...

But why now? Why not before...?

He may have not realized it then, but all of this happened because one day, he decided to go out and find a friend...

Leaving questions and existencial crap behind, he focused on his quest and hurried through the city. The hospital wasn't as close as he expected, but at this point nothing was going to stop him from being next to Hong Kong.

He sure hoped he would be alright...

He hoped everything would be okay...