Second Chapter: "Makeover Time"

Dedicated to
RuinedMyLife Thanks for your support on the last chapters, and hopefully to the future ones!

Second Chapter
 “Makeover TIme”

That Same Day
Monday
Sara’s POV

I walked home, deciding not to take the bus today in case anyone asked questions about what happened in the cafeteria. I was still confused about this whole thing, myself. I mean, what kind of person would… I sighed, angrily running my fingers through my hair. What was I going to do about all of this?

‘Not do it.’ My thoughts echoed and I shook my head. It was either do this, or have my future, my reputation, everything, everything, that I worked so hard for go down the drain with a simple no… I couldn’t do that. I’ve gotten too far to give up now.

Listening to my footsteps click against the pavement helped me relax. Walking really helped me unwind. Spotting my street up ahead, I felt myself slightly tense up.

At least they won’t be home… Thank God…

I walked up the street, my eyes scanning over the nice houses with gardens, beautiful vehicles, and fancy yard ornaments, until they finally landed on one of the biggest ones, my house. Walking up the sidewalk, I glanced over the white paint and four large expensive vehicles parked in the driveway, with more inside the garage. I felt a weak smile come on my face at the familiar sight in front of me, and headed up the steps to the house, glancing over at the flowers that were surrounding the large stairway. I’ve always loved how it looked, the rose vines curling up the stairs, adding a touch of beauty to it.

I saw one of the maids in the yard, watering a tulip. She glanced up at me, then immediately sat up and bowed to me. “Good day to you, Sara!”

I nodded, not even sending her a second glance before opening the door and walking inside. I was used to the servants trying to ‘get on my good side’ so I could put in a special word for them to my parents… but that wasn’t going to happen for completely different reasons.

Glancing over at the living room, I saw Anna scrubbing the coffee table. She gave a cold glance up at me, before getting up and going to a different room. I ignored her, heading up to my bedroom. She was, after all just a servant now. I decided not to eat, knowing I would need to sleep for the next day was Tuesday, and I would probably be skipping school to get this new ‘makeover’.

I sighed, throwing my backpack onto the floor and laying in bed, glancing up at the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. Growing up, this was one of the few things I had always kept besides my teddy bear that my sister got me one time when we were really young…

I felt tears prick my eyes, and I closed them, hugging one of my pillows. Why couldn’t things go back to the way they were before all of this happened?

Things were okay back then…

I shook my head, burying myself under my covers.

Just a few more years, Sara… Just a few more years…

And then things will be okay.

**
Tuesday

I woke up, groaning at the light streaming into the room.

“Rise and shine, Princess.” A voice spoke, and I shot up from my bed to see Anna over in the corner, looking at me with cold eyes. “Now, is there something wrong?” Her voice was cold, and she was probably being sarcastic, but I shook my head anyways. “I’m fine, why wouldn’t I be?”