Unexpected Revelations

Jade's POV

My heart is wildly beating like a drum into my chest. Adrenaline mixed with  exhaustion. Walking this uphill road path gets on my nerves. Where is the house of this brooding vampire anyway? I didn't even have the chance to catch his name properly! This is a very bad idea, accompanying him to his house.

My train of thoughts is interrupted by a murmur.

"Do you care enough not to walk on the random dung? It is really distracting!"

The sulking guy next to me says in a neutral manner.

I huff disbelievingly  "Are you ser...ious." I tell him  but I lower my gaze, only to realize that he is actually right. I wipe my boots on the leaves besides my feet.

He smirks thriumphully. I roll my eyes at him in return. As I am ready to say something(probably an insult) I hear a strange serenade or whatever this is called from afar. The guy besides me stops dead in his tracks and puts his finger in front of his mouth to huss me. His eyes penetrate in the distance and he makes an enraged grimace.

Out of the blue there is someone or better something maneuvering close to us. I can make out the words said, this is probably not a romantic serenade, but a ritual.

Before  I have enough time to comprehend what I heard a werewolf growls and falls onto the brooding guy that strolled with me some seconds ago. I freeze in my place. The guy is not strong enough, but should I help him? I mean revealing my identity to Eric is normal he is my soul mate. But why would I risk it with this stranger? I throw a stone on the werewolf and the sulking "owl" finally finds a chance to take it on, reaping off its head and throwing it in the distance.

He stands up smiling like an idiot and as I am about to mock him he hoovers towards me with his fist extended. I widen my eyes in pure shock. He pushes me away and I fall on the ground startled. My head touches something solid and darkness takes over me. My last image is him taking out a werewolf"s heart.

I feel my head heavy. My eyes sting and I think someone carries me bridal style. Then I doze off and lose my senses completely.

I groan while my eyes are sliding open with difficulty. I raise my head and dizziness hits me to the core. I put both hands on each side of my head and groan in irritation.

I slowly sit up and try to adjust to my surroundings. Where the hell am I? The walls are a nighty black, there are some symbols on the encounters that I can't make out. A long table with a silver tablecloth on top and two plates with golden forks stand serenely there. I touch the surface of the sofa I am laying on. It is blue velvet. This house must be of a perverted person. It is extremely strange. The silence hoovering in the atmosphere raises goosebumps on my naked arms. I close my eyes and put my fingertips on the back of my head, I wince. When I bring my fingers into my sight I see blood. Before I can relate a tall masculine figure attired in a posh grey tux is in front of me with a hand laying on his chest and the other behind him. He bows down and speaks up.

"I hope that you're feeling better. I'm sorry for your head." he says in a velvet tone. It is unnerving actually. I groan once again and try to focus on his face.

Oh, of course now I remember, he's the brooding guy I bumped into in the graveyard earlier.

He extends his hand for me to take. Instead I stand up and walk some feet away.

"You'll cost me some stitches!" I let out angrily without minding to look at him twice.

All of a sudden he's standing in front of me

"I assume I saved your life, all you have to say is thank you." he arrogantly adds and tilts his head down to look at me .

"As for the stitches you can use my help again. It's for your gain." he says in a low sexy voice.