Welcome to Colorado Springs

~Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast~

-William Shakespeare

After Katelyn got off the phone with Kaycee, she looked at her new ID for Cheyenne Mountain and her security card. She thought about her new life and the excitement it would bring. Katelyn hoped one day the world would know about the things that the SGC had done for the world already and the things she would help do. Katelyn shook the thought of losing Kaycee as a friend and got something to eat. Katelyn started packing some small things into boxes she already had.

Before long, Katelyn fell asleep on her couch having sweet dreams of the life she had ahead of her.

The next morning Katelyn woke up quite early and went to the hospital.

"I need to speak with the hospital administrator," Katelyn said to the nurse working at the front desk.

"Okay, Dr.Warner. Let me just call her and see if now's a good time."

Katelyn nodded and waited for the nurse's okay. Soon the nurse nodded approval and Katelyn walked to the administrator's office. Katelyn knocked on the glass door where the administrator's name in big, white letters was placed.

"Come in," said a female voice. Katelyn walked into the office and sat down in one of the white, leather chairs placed in front of the administrator's desk.

"How can I help you today Dr. Warner?" the administrator asked. Katelyn inhaled once and explained what happened.

"The military requested I take a job with them. They say I'm one of the best in my specialty. I couldn't turn it down and accepted the job yesterday. They require me to start immediately and I'll be moving to Colorado. I'm sorry it's short notice, but they're not giving me much time before my new job starts."

The administrator nodded and said,

"It will be a shame to see you go. You are one of the best doctors in this hospital, but it seems you're needed elsewhere for more important endeavors, so I'm going to give you your paycheck and that will be the end of that."

"Thank you so much. I'll be leaving tomorrow and if you can't get the paycheck to me by then I can e-mail you my new address." Katelyn suggested letting out her breath. She was relieved the administrator was making it easy on her.

"That will be fine. Goodbye Dr. Warner. This hospital will miss you." Those were the last words she heard the administrator say before she left the office and hospital for good.

When Katelyn got home, she started packing right away. She had gotten plenty of boxes and tape for the long day of packing up her apartment. When most everything was packed into boxes except for her bed and other furniture, she called Major Davis.

"Major Davis? Am I going to have to rent a moving truck and drive to Colorado Springs or is there an arrangement already in place to get my things to Colorado?" Katelyn asked.

"We have an apartment already paid for and a jet will be arriving at 10:00 in the morning to pick you up. A moving truck will also arrive to take your things to the jet. Don't worry Dr. Warner we have everything taken care of," Major Davis reassured her.

"Thank you, Major Davis, for everything."

"You're welcome, Dr. Warner. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to working with you further," Major Davis said sincerely.

"I'm looking forward to working with you too. I guess I should continue packing and stuff to get ready for Colorado Springs. Goodbye Major Davis," Katelyn said.