Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve
As soon as the carriage stopped at the manor, I jumped right out and ran inside. Sebastian came after me but Ciel stepped in his way.
-Sebastian's POV-
"Didn't like what she heard did she? What a pitiful creature. If she hadn't have gone off to find herself, maybe I could have turned the other cheek."
My young master's words were cryptic and it seemed as though they were full of regret. Just what sort of feelings has he been harboring towards Eve? I decided to shove the question into the recesses of my mind and went after her. When I approached her room, I found that she had locked herself in. I raised my hand to knock but stopped when I heard her nearly inaudible sobs.
I sighed and slid down the door so that my back was pressing against it. How was it that she made me feel so weak and incapable? "Eve, please? Allow me to tell you the entire story?" Her sobs paused but I knew it was going to be harder than that to get her to let me in. My Eve was quite stubborn. My Eve?
I began again. "Eve, you jumped too hastily to conclusions. Please hear me out? You're not the only one hurting right now." I felt bad for playing the "you hurt me, too" card but I needed to speak to her. I heard her footsteps and I quickly stood so she could open the door. I looked down into her swimming gray eyes and took note at how long her hair has gotten since she first came to the manor. It now fell to her waist in dark brown waves. Her small nose was red and her cheeks were streaked with moisture. I watched as she bit her lip. Her body was short and just a little curvy. She was beautiful, even as she cried. Then I remembered that I had caused those tears and a part of me wilted.
I reached to touch her but she flinched. I understood, but it hurt nonetheless. Her soft voice rang out, breaking the silence. "I'm waiting Sebastian."
"What I said earlier came out wrong." She snorted as if to say 'obviously'. I continued. "Yes it was the queen's orders for Ciel to investigate you. I knew I would save you from that man's clutches but when the queen, and in turn, my master, ordered it, it made it completely absolute. I was unusually anxious when we reached Felix's to rescue you. Then I was absolutely, inconsolably furious at what I saw as soon as I walked in. The way he beat you as if it were his place to"I paused as I grit my teeth,"pissed me off so bad my blood boiled."
Eve took in what I said and turned to sit on her bed. She lie down with her back to me. Again, I felt wounded. "I have no regrets in saving you. In fact, my only regret is that I did not do it sooner. Eve, look at me." I put my hand to her back and I could lightly feel her heartbeat. It seemed too slow, too light somehow...
-Eve's POV-
I allowed his words to wash over me as my tears finished flowing. It really was foolish of me to get so upset over such a trivial thing. Queen's orders or not, Sebastian did save me. I should be more thankful. I felt him place his hand on my back and relief flooded through me instantly. I welcomed his touch as I always would. Then something felt off...very, very off. As if something were stealing my soul from my very body.
Sebastian seemed to notice it too because he was suddenly shaking me. "Eve! Eve, wake up! What's wrong?" He sounded so panicked and all I wanted to do was comfort him.
I moved my lips to speak but no sound came out. My throat was painfully dry and my breath was becoming suffocated. I tried to turn to face him but I couldn't move either. I was paralyzed! Panic riddled my body and I began to convulse rapidly. Spasms shot through me and Sebastian fought to calm down the tremors. In the back of my mind I heard sinister laughter and a single word. "Mine." My consciousness quickly drained from me and the last thing I heard was Sebastian frantically calling my name.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I awoke in a dark place...alone. I could hear no sounds, speak no words, nor move any limbs. All I could see was the vast expanse of darkness that was laid before my eyes. Loneliness seeped into me through every pore in my body. If this was the punishment for what I had done before I lost my memory, I would gladly accept it. If I was dying, so be it. I would leave this world with only one regret, fighting with Sebastian and not kissing him when I felt the urge to the most.
----------
So...I've finally decided how I'm going to end my story... Hehe. You guys are all amazing!! Love you all!