Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

I opened my eyes to a sharp smack across my face. "Shut the hell up already!" Ciel was yelling at me. He looked frustrated. I jolted and wrapped my arms around my torso quickly, while shutting my still screaming lips. Sebastian was standing by the door with his eyes trained on me. I looked into his eyes, beseeching.

Ciel's hands were on my shaking shoulders, tossing me back and forth to get my attention. "What the bloody hell is going on here? Do you know what time it is?" He was screaming at me, obviously infuriated. My teeth chattered so hard that I couldn't even tell him what happened. He hastily took his hands off of me and left the room while saying,"Sebastian, see to her needs. I'm going back to bed. Don't even bother to wake me in the morning."

It was just me and Sebastian now. He closed the door and walked towards me with his hand over his face. He sat next to me and put his arms around me with my head under his chin. "Eve, what has you trembling so much?"

I turned in his arms so that I straddled him. Then I cried. I cried harder and more than ever before. He rubbed comforting circles on my back while I ruined his perfect shirt with my tears. "S-s-Sebastian! I-it was so horrible! It was too real."I cried.

"What happened?" The concern in his voice almost broke my heart.

"My dream...I killed them...I killed all of them. Who am I?" I was beginning to panic. My body was beginning to ache from the mass amount of trembling.

"Shh, shh, now. Come on. I'll lay down with you." He shifted so that he was laying down with me still on top of him. The circles on my back never stopped. I started to calm down. My bones stopped shaking and my teeth stopped chattering. Sebastian continued to whisper happy thoughts into my ear. I looked into his eyes and a hunger I'd never felt before took over my entire being. My lips crashed against his ferociously. He moved his hands from my back to my hips.

He broke away from my hold long enough to say,"A bit bipolar tonight are we, Eve?" His voice made my heart do flips and chased away the fear of the nightmare.

"As much as I love your voice, please don't speak right now." Love. That's what I felt. That's what I had always felt around him. I paused my attack on his face. "Sebastian."

"Hmm?" The sound of his lazy voice alone sent shivers down my spine.

"I know now. I know what I've felt for you ever since I saw you in the kitchen."

"I know. Now do me a favor. You don't speak." There was an emphasis on the "you". He pushed me onto my back and kissed me gently at first but then the glow in his eyes took over and his kisses grew hungrier. I instinctively hoisted my leg around his waist and one of his hands wrapped around it. Heat spread throughout me all the way to my fingers and toes.

He placed kisses up and down my neck. My left hand tugged on his hair while my right tugged on his shoulder. He lifted the hand that wasn't on my thigh to his mouth and removed his glove with his teeth. The motion was so seductive that I didn't even notice his black fingernails. He lifted my other thigh around his waist and started biting on the crook of my neck. A moan escaped my throat and he smiled against my skin.

"You never answered my question from earlier."

"What question?"I panted.

"Do I make you feel like you're on fire?"

"You're burning me alive." We traded kisses and bites here and there while the heat within me intensified. My grip on his shoulder and hair became tighter and more desperate.

He chuckled and the vibrations against my skin did wonders. Noises I didn't know I was even capable of creating we're passing through my lips and into Sebastian's ear. His bare, rough hands slid up and down my thighs in response. Suddenly we heard a loud bang coming from the direction of the door. We both looked and saw an amused young master standing there with one hand on his hip and the other on his chin. "So, this is what you're up to whenever I'm not ordering you around. How interesting."he trailed off.

I reluctantly let my legs fall from around Sebastian's waist so he could stand.

"No disrespect, Young Master, but you told me to attend to her needs."Sebastian said smartly. He looked down at me and the glow in his eyes was fading but I could tell that the lingering look in them meant that we had some unfinished business. Ciel coughed a bit to compose himself after the butler's comment. "I do suppose you are right. Come now, Sebastian. You two have caused too much noise for me to return to sleep. We have things to do today. Eve, I'm quite surprised. I never would have thought that you would fall victim to this demon's charm. As punishment, I want the entire garden replanted before dusk. If I were you, I'd start now." His voice was cold.

"Demon?"I could feel my face contort into a mask of confusion.

"How lovely, Sebastian. My, you were planning on sharing a bed with her, yet you didn't tell her? Whoops."

Sebastian looked at me apologetically. He searched my eyes for fear perhaps, but I knew there was none. He looked relieved when I smiled at him. "Out, you two! I need to get dressed if I plan on finishing my duties today!" I shoved them out of my room, allowing my hand to linger longer than necessary on Sebastian's back, and locked the door behind them. How rude of Ciel to walk in like that!

The heat from earlier was quickly dissipating and I felt extremely cold. I was putting on my dress when I heard a large crash coming from downstairs along with a few yells. I ran to see what had caused the ruckus and Sebastian and Emilio were brawling on the dining table.

"Bastard! You cannot have Esperanza! Free her from your spell!"

"She doesn't even know who you are, and you are claiming she is yours."Sebastian was looming over the other man with a terrifyingly beautiful face. Emilio had to be shaking in his boots.

"She can't remember because you bewitched her! What did you do to her?"Emilio was shouting.

Instead of answering, Sebastian lunged at Emilio with a fistful of perfectly polished silverware.

Wait, why silverware?

I could hear the clanking of the silver and smell blood in the air. Who was wounded? I felt my knees shake but I didn't freeze. Adrenaline coursed through my veins and suddenly I knew exactly what I had to do.

I snatched the chair up from the floor, raised it over my head, and smashed it down onto Emilio's back. The chair shattered from the force I had exerted. Both Sebastian and Emilio looked at me with surprise in their eyes, pausing their fight. "Eve! Stay out of that mess! It is no place for a lady!" I looked over my shoulder to the young master who stood a safe distance away and was yelling at me.

I ignored him and jumped on Emilio's back. I wrapped my arms around the darker male's neck and squeezed. He stumbled backwards in a futile attempt to free himself from my clutches. "Esperanza!"he choked out. His voice made me sick. I squeezed harder, trying to shut him up.

"How does it feel, bastard? How does it feel to have the very breath stolen from your lungs?" My voice was full of malice and the sound of it raised goosebumps on my arms.

"Are you going to kill me, the same way you killed them, mi amor?"

"I have you idea what you're talking about, asshole!" I myself, knew that was a lie.

"So you really are beginning to remember our life together. That's good." How was he not dead, or at least knocked out yet? How long had I had my arms around his throat?

I looked to Sebastian and he darted forward and shoved a silver knife through Emilio's thigh. He screamed in agony. The sight of the knife embedded in flesh brought my nightmare back to the forefront of my mind.

We crashed to the floor. I sat on top of his chest with a knife poised to kill at his jugular. "Who am I?"I demanded.

The laughter that came from my prisoner's mouth was inhuman and eery. Who was he? Surely not even a prince could muster a cackle like that?

"Why so curious, mi amor? Dying to know who you are? Or dying to stop the nightmares that haunt you?"

"How do you know about my nightmares?"

"Because, those are memories."

Memories? The word chilled me to the core. I let go of his throat and fell limp. I...killed those people?

-------

I feel as if my chapters are too short... Besides, this one was hard to write!