Fear of Exotic Animals

Magsimula sa umpisa

Michael gave Max back to the zookeeper. She put Max back and took out a baby centipede.

"This is Lucy," she smiled.

You smiled nervously. When you reached out your hand, it was shaking tremendously. Michael chuckled and held your wrist still. The zookeeper gently placed Lucy in your hand. As soon as it touched your hand, you screamed and tried to jerk your hand away. Michael's firm grip prevented you from moving your hand.

"It's okay, Y/N. It's okay," he assured you.

After a few seconds, you realized the centipede wasn't going to do anything crazy. At first it didn't move, but eventually it started to crawl.

"She starts to move when she gets comfortable," the zookeeper told you.

"It's not too bad, right?" Michael smiled.

"It tickles," you giggle.

Michael smiled.

"Do you want to hold a cockroach now?" she asked.

"I guess so."

She took the centipede and grabbed the cockroach.

"His name is Jeff."

You took a deep breath. Michael held your wrist as she placed Jeff into your hand.

Again, it took you a second to get used to it. Once you did, you were fine.

"Are you ready to hold Max?" She asked.

You bit your lip.

"If you don't like it, she can take him back off," Michael said.

You agreed to do it.

The zookeeper smiled and gently placed Max in your hands. Michael held both of your wrists and encouraged you.

You sighed when she took it out of your hands.

"You did fantastic! Usually, when people come in with fear, I can't convince them to hold the centipede!" She said.

You smiled and thanked her.

"Reptile exhibit!" Michael exclaimed.

"Oh no!" you yelled.

You tried to make a run for it, but Michael grabbed your waist.

"You made me hold bugs, aren't you satisfied?" You whined, squirming in his grip.

"Nope. You need to conquer both of your fears," he replied.

He tried a couple tactics. At first, he dragged you as you dug your feet into the ground. It worked, but the friction of your shoes made it harder to pull you. So he grabbed you and picked you up.

"This is not fair! I can't help the fact that I'm fun-sized! You should not take my size as a benefit to take me places I don't wish to go!" You protested.

Michael laughed and easily brought you to the reptile exhibit.

~~~~

"Y/N?" Michael whined childishly.

You ignored him.

"Come on, Y/N. I didn't know that baby snake was going to poop in your hand," he giggled.

He stood in front of you. You turned away.

"You can't ignore me forever," he said.

He came up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist. He kissed your neck. You still ignored him.

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

You looked down.

He smiled and blew into your ear, knowing that would make you crack. You bit back a smile. He blew a raspberry on your neck. This made you let out a loud giggle.

"There she is!" He exclaimed.

You pouted.

"You know I feel bad, don't you?" He asked.

You sighed.

"Yeah, I do. I'm sorry I'm overreacting."

"You have a right to act this way."

"Well, you did force me to do things against my will."

He nodded.

"But I forgive you," you smiled.

He smiled back and kissed you.

"Thank you."