yuri could feel his phone, cold and heavy, in his pocket, and prayed that victor would call the police to the ground floor flat which celestino had ordered phichit to unlock, maintaining his iron grip on yuri's left arm.

phichit sighed shakily, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, before he pushed open the door with its missing flakes of paint to reveal a living room lit lemon-yellow from the bulb without a shade above.

and yuri only made out the blue t-shirt leo de la iglesia was wearing before celestino grabbed a fistful of his hair and threw him at full force against the table in the middle of the room, which made phichit cry out and leo jump to his feet.

"c-celestino...what..." leo began, before celestino bellowed for both him and phichit to "get the fuck out of his sight."

yuri lay still on the floor, clouded mind and a gash above his left eyebrow bleeding heavily, and listening to the sound of leo and phichit's footsteps down the hall and up the stairs, followed by the click of phitchit's bedroom door.

and yuri held his breath as he had done for the duration of the drive straight down the motorway and last the square, and listened to the silence of the apartment with hot water shatter when celestino's boots thumped against the floorboards.

"pathetic little slut," he laughed, and yuri's drugged mind couldn't get his body to move fast enough away from another kick to the ribs. yuri could only moan in response to the pain that spread out across the streaks of his ribs like a drop of ink through water. he tried to move away from celestino, crawling across the wood of the floor, but celestino gave him another kick in the back that took all the oxygen out of his lungs and made him gasp in pain.

"fucking ungrateful bitch," celestino whispered at him, towering over him in a hugo boss suit and heavy boots. "after every fucking thing i've done for you, and you try and fuck off, do you?"

"w-wait - " yuri faltered, raising his head and the pain and the heroin making the room tilt and billow out like mari's little white dress on his mother's washing line. before he could anchor the words celestino hit him across the face with the back of his hand, and yuri fell back and his head hit the floor of the apartment's sparse living room with a crack.

"fucking talk back to me, would you?" celestino shouted, bending over yuri so that his face was only inches from his. "ungrateful fucking whore. that's what you are, yuri, an - "

he kicked yuri in the ribs and yuri couldn't find the air in his lungs to scream.

"an ungrateful - "

another kick made yuri curl up like a frightened animal.

"fucking - "

yuri couldn't breathe.

"whore."

before yuri could absorb the blinding pain and the burning of every inch of his body down on the floor of the living room, celestino had grabbed him by the roots of his hair and punched him in the stomach.

"fucking try to leave me, huh? i should've let you die on the streets like a fucking dog. no one wanted you, yuri, but i took you in."